Ch. 62 - Off to the Philippines!

A/N: It feels so WEIRD finally posting these chapters after keeping them to myself for 3 years and editing them constantly omg

This is where I kinda start getting iffy about this specific point in the story. This was like, the ONE arc I actually sat down and took the time to outline and write down notes for (back in September-October of 2019 holy moly O-O) and it's so baked into the fic that I just couldn't see myself changing it. I'd like to think I've improved a lot as a writer since making this fic, but this arc is a part of it that affects future events which is why I never really wanted to let it go.

I've gone back and edited/changed bits and pieces of this upcoming arc to try and make it better so many times, at this point all I can say is I tried my best with all the upcoming chapters :,) Hope you'll still enjoy regardless ❤️

----------

"EEHHHH?!" Class 1-A cried out in surprise.

Yaoyorozu blushed, continuing to comb her fingers through her hair. "Do you all not want to...?" she asked sheepishly.

"No, no, Yaomomo!" Uraraka tried to reassure her, shaking her head rapidly. "It's just..." She trailed off, too in shock to finish her sentence.

Ojiro picked up for her. "Are you sure you want us to come, Yaoyorozu? All of us?"

Yaoyorozu nodded. "Of course I do. You all are so wonderful, and... I want us all to go to the Philippines. Together. That's how I want to spend my birthday."

Iida hummed in thought, adjusting his glasses. "Your birthday falls in line with the days we have off from the upcoming holiday next week, so we wouldn't be missing anything. Not to mention, the bonding experience it'd be to travel together as a class. The companionship that'd bloom from it... Yes!! It's perfect, Yaoyorozu-kun!"

Yaoyorozu breathed a sigh of relief, her shoulders relaxing. "I'm glad you think so..."

"The only issue is getting permission," Iida mumbled, holding his chin.

"Ah, about that." Yaoyorozu took a slip of paper out of her pocket, unfolding it and holding it up. It was a signed permission slip. "I already talked with Aizawa-sensei. He said that as long as we're all okay with it, we can do it. Since it's out of the country, our chances of running into trouble are significantly lower because the people there won't know us. We'll also be guarded of course, by my family's security in the area, and Nix-sensei will be chaperoning for us. What decides whether we can go or not is if you all agree. It wouldn't feel right to me to take some and leave others behind, so..."

Everyone turned to look at Midoriya, Kirishima, Uraraka, Tsuyu, and Tokoyami.

"Are you guys okay with it?" Shouji asked, voicing the single thought in everyone else's minds. "Even with your work studies and all?"

Tokoyami placed his hand on his chest. "Hawks already informed me I would have that holiday off, so it shouldn't be an issue."

The other four looked between each other, their expressions contemplative. Hitomi wondered if something was going on between them.

"Well, none of us have been called in for a while," Midoriya said slowly, as if deliberating over each word. His thoughtful expression turned into one with a small smile. "But... we'll talk with them, to clarify things. It's really nice of you to offer this to us, Yaoyorozu-san."

"Yeah," Kirishima added on. "To go out of your way to treat us, even though it's your birthday..." He clenched his fist. "It's so generous! So... manly...!"

Tsuyu placed her finger on her chin as she shared a look with Uraraka. "We'll try finding out this weekend."

Uraraka nodded. "Even if it turns out we can't go, I'm sure your birthday will be something to remember, Yaomomo!"