Chapter 20 🏵️

"The first match of the semi-finals! With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of elites!" Present Mic announced as [Name] and Todoroki stared at each other. "From the hero course, it's Tsuyuri [Name]! Versus also from the hero course, Todoroki Shoto!"

"Start!"

Just like with Midoriya, Todoroki instantly sent ice barging towards [Name].

"Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum"

All the ice was sliced neatly and swiftly, making Todoroki grit his teeth. After all, [Name] wasn't breaking his bones to deflect it, so he was perfectly fine in a repetitive cycle of this.

"Tsuyuri has sliced through the ice! How sharp is that katana of his?" Present Mic cheered as Todoroki took a different approach and cornered [name] with ice.However, [Name] didn't seem to be that bothered about it. Todoroki sent another wave of ice to which [Name] smiled.

"Sixth Form: Whirling Peach"

Suddenly, [Name] was gone and only Primula sieboldiis remained to flutter down to the ground and be crushed by Todoroki's foot. However, Todoroki had seen this move before and looked up to see [Name]. However, he wasn't quick enough to avoid getting kicked in the back of the head as he crashed to the ground, as [Name] did a graceful, balletic landing to contrast.

However, [Name] looked at his leg to see a thick sheet of ice covering it, and [Name] smiled at Todoroki's quick thinking. Todoroki stood up with a glare and his hair was a mess from the kick. He then sent many attacks to which [Name] dodged easily as Todoroki looked about trying to spot where [Name] had hidden, he now regretted sending those attacks as it had given [Name] many hiding spots.

Todoroki attempted to freeze [Name] as he darted out from behind some ice, but once he had him, [Name] vanished, leaving Todoroki stunned and looking around. A harsh hit to the stomach sent Todoroki tumbling away near the edge as he struggled to get up.

Todoroki wheezed as he stood up, wobbling slightly. [Name] saw faint flickers of flames, but they went out as quickly as they came to life. "Todoroki! Use your flames unless you want to lose! Midoriya shouted from the crowd and [Name] looked back to see a burst of flames erupt from Todoroki, yet [Name] saw him hesitatingly staring at the flames in fear.

He wasn't conscious for long as [Name] took this as a chance to hit him at his pressure point and catch him as he fell down. Todoroki's unconscious self rested his head on [Name]'s chest as the flames died down to withers. "Tsuyuri wins!" Midnight shouted as [Name] placed Todoroki on the stretcher that had arrived.

[Name] didn't bother facing the crowds as he knew Endeavor would not be too pleased about his son's loss. [Name] walked back to his class as he was surrounded by his classmates, all complementing him on his strength to beat Todoroki.

Next, was Bakugo vs Tokoyami, which [Name] didn't really watch as it didn't matter the outcome, it's just one would be more difficult to fight than the other. In the end, Bakugo won.

"With this, the final match will be between Tsuyuri and Bakugo!" Present Mic yelled as a picture of [Name] with his usual smile and a picture of Bakugo looking away from the camera were side by side with the words 'Final Match'.

Bakugo looked up and met [Name]'s dull and glassy e/c eyes with that same small smile that extremely annoyed Bakugo as it was like [Name] didn't even consider him a challenge but more like a mere pest.

.

.

.

[Name] was sitting in the waiting room when suddenly the door was kicked open and a confused Bakugo was standing in the frame. [Name] looked at him with a tilt of his head.

"Huh? Why are you here!? This is waiting room..." He trailed off as he must have realised he was in the wrong room, so [Name] went back to cleaning his blade.

"Oi, I admit I got the wrong room, but what is with that look of yours, huh!? You're looking down on me,aren't you!" Bakugo exploded the table as [Name] looked at him with dots for eyes, Bakugo kicked the table away as [Name] watched his blade clatter to the floor as he did a pathetic reach out to it, almost like how a child would.

'I was cleaning that.'

Bakugo seemed to get more annoyed at [Name]'s silence, and he turned around and stomped out the door, muttering a few curses as he did so.

.

.

.

"It is now the last battle of U.A's sports festival! This match will decide the best of the best in the first year. Tsuyuri [Name] or Bakugo Katsuki!" Present Mic yelled as mutters went through the crowd.

Meanwhile, with class B "Typical, they're both from 1-A." Monoma huffed.

"Well, we should use this as an example to get stronger!" A red-haired female with a scar on her forehead chimed in.

"But, we won't ever be as strong as those two. I mean, just look at Tsuyuri. He's defeated everyone in mere minutes!" A loud blonde cried as she was then punched and knocked out by a female with black and blue hair.

"So exciting, I want to fight them!" She smirked, grabbing onto the railing as another black-haired female rolled her eyes at the three.

"Now-Start!"

"Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility"

Bakugo used his explosions to blast himself out of the way of the attack, but was slightly grazed by one. He glared and blasted himself towards [Name] before grabbing [Name] by the hair and attempting to fling him. However, [Name] leaned back and gripped Bakugo by the left leg, slamming him to the floor. [Name] jumped back and pulled out his blade.

[Name] fixed his hair as Bakugo ran at him but [Name] disappeared before a blade came swinging towards him but Bakugo grabbed it feeling his hands begin to bleed from clutching the blade. Bakugo swung his other hand and a massive explosion went off, but [Name] leaped away just in time, and the strength with which he pulled the katana out of Bakugo's grip made Bakugo feel as if his arm was pulled out of its socket.

Bakugo pulled out, gripping his arm tightly. He looked to see his eccedentesiast opponent.

'Kanae, will you be proud of me?'