Chapter 21🥀

"You bastard, fight like you mean it, stop giving me that stupid smile!" Bakugo yelled as he charged at [Name] once more. He released an explosion that would have hit [Name]'s face a second prior, but [Name] ducked sideways and with the sheath of his katana rammed it at Bakugo's stomach, causing Bakugo to collapse to his knees and cough and wheeze to try to get air before he was kicked, making him roll to his feet unsteadily.

Bakugo knew [Name] was strong, but despite his physique, [Name] had a lot more physical strength than the average person, so his kicks were causing Bakugo a lot of pain.

"Why is Bakugo so weak now!?" Present Mic asked as he watched Bakugo's strength deplete as the fight went on.

"That's because Tsuyuri is extremely strategic and good at reacting in split seconds. If you didn't notice when Tsuyuri draws his blade, look at the faint colour at the tip of it. Poison." Aizawa explained as Bakugo's eyes widened before he looked at the number of cuts he had.

"So you want to take a wimpy strategy and try to poison me! Huh!?" Bakugo screamed as [Name] shook his head, making Bakugo confused.

Back with the hashiras, Shinobu was trying not to giggle at the battle. "Why are you laughing, Kocho?" Tomioka asked, to which Shinobu sighed before answering.

"That isn't poison to weaken Bakugo. [Name] doesn't perceive him as a threat, so he's actually making Bakugo stronger. It just looks like he's weaker because of [Name]'s strength," Shinobu said, to which all the hashiras cried out that [Name]'s putting himself at risk by making his opponent near the same level as him.

The fight continued with [Name] avoiding Bakugo's attacks aside from a few small burns to the hands as [Name] landed many on Bakugo. Bakugo knew he had to get this over and done with or else he'd pass out from blood loss.

Bakugo suddenly disappeared, and [Name] knew that Bakugo was now on the same level as himself. "Howitzer... Impact!"

[Name] couldn't turn around in time, and he was caught straight in the blast.

"Bakugo landed a hit!" Present Mic yelled, "There's no way Tsuyuri could have dodged that blast! But the winner is..."

Once the smoke cleared, both students were on the ground with [Name] surrounded by burnt flowers as Bakugo rushed up to see if he had truly beaten [Name]. "O-Oi!" However, once he got close enough, a foot smashed onto his temple as Bakugo fell to the ground instantly unconscious and landed in [Name]'s lap as [Name] caught him and sat up as more burnt flowers fell from his body. His gym uniform was also heavily burnt in the blast, so part of his body was shown with some scars around his body, similar to whip marks, as his class looked in horror at the marks.

[Name] caught Bakugo as he could have potentially given him a concussion and didn't want to make the damage even worse, so Bakugo stayed in his lap until the stretcher arrived.

"The winner of this year's sports festival is Tsuyuri [Name] from class 1-A!" Present Mic screeched, and everyone was too focused on his victory to notice the scars that covered his body, which [Name] quickly covered with his torn up gym uniform, and only a few of his classmates saw him before rushing off into the secluded tunnel.

.

.

.

"And now, we will begin the award ceremony!" Midnight smiled as fireworks were let off all around the stadium.

On the pillars, Todoroki had his head down in third place as Bakugo struggled in second as his head was wrapped in bandages, and [Name] attempted to calm him down, telling him he could worsen his injury, to which Bakugo just started screaming muffled profanities at him, to which [Name] sighed before standing and smiling in first place, seemingly forgetting about what people saw during the match.

"Now we will award the medals!" Midnight announced "The presentation of the medals will be, of course, by the one and-"

All Might's signature laugh rang out as everyone turned in excitement, as Midnight was mad because she got cut off.

"I have brought the medals!" All Might yelled as he landed.

All Might took the third place medal and walked over to Todoroki. "Young Todoroki, congratulations. I assume there is a reason you did not use your flames fully in your match against Tsuyuri," All Might and Todoroki exchanged a few words before All Might turned and walked to a struggling Bakugo.

"Good job, young Bakugo. Even if you didn't achieve what you said during the players' pledge, getting second is a very good achievement. You should be proud," All Might took the muzzle off Bakugo.

"All Might... Second place... Tsuyuri drugged me. I demand a rematch!" Bakugo snarled as [Name] looked at him in confusion.

'Yes, I drugged you but not in the way you're thinking,' [Name] tilted his head as he just shook his head before focusing ahead while looking at All Might attempting to put the medal over Bakugo's head as he struggled but eventually hung it on his mouth and called it a job well done before heading to [Name].

"Young Tsuyuri, you have set a world record here. Getting first place every single round is an amazing thing, however," All Might leaned in and whispered. "Those marks on your body are going to be discussed by the faculty later," [Name] frowned as All Might placed the 1st place medal over his neck. "Well done, Tsuyuri, your strength is easily recognised as pro level, but maybe don't drug your opponents next time,"

"Like I said, it's not in the way you're all thinking,'

All Might turned to the audience. "Well, they were the winners this time! But listen, anyone here could have ended up on this podium,"

'Midoriya would have to be in a wheelchair on the podium if that was the case,'

"So I have just one last thing to say. Everyone, say it with me! Ready, go!" All Might raised his fist into the air. "Thanks for your hard work!"

"Plus Ultra!" The audience said something completely different as they began to boo All Might, leaving him embarrassed.

'I won, Kanae'