The 5th Hokage

"You are right about that. Naruto will need to change his tactics." Kakashi said and looked at Yami.

"He will need to but he won't be able to...Lady Tsunade now knows that Naruto has a jutsu like the Rasengan in his arsenal so she won't give him another chance. She doesn't look the patient type." Yami commented.

Jiraya laughed as he heard that "Tsunade is many things but being Patient is not one of them."

"Naruto's confidence will be the reason for his defeat. He needs to learn to accept that strategies fail and they need to be changed midway." Yami said to which Kakashi agreed. As Naruto's sensei, it was his job to teach Naruto this. Naruto was too focused on learning more jutsus and using more clones but he never focused much on developing his bird brain.

In the training ground, the clone in the air was coming at Tsunade with the Rasengan pointed toward her and the two clones who were running at her were also about to reach her. One of them held a Rasengan while the other held kunai.

"I didn't promise that I wouldn't move" Tsunade smirked and jumped back at the last moment. This made the clone in the sky slam the Rasengan in his hand on the ground creating a crater and a burst of air. This proved extremely beneficial to Tsunade as the clones that fell from the sky and the one running toward her with a kunai were dispersed. As the dust settled only one clone from the training ground and it was the original. Due to the burst of air, the clones were thrown far away before they dispersed and the Rasengan in the original's hand also dispersed.

Naruto stood in the middle of the ground dumb folded. He had thought about this plan many times and was sure this would work but Tsunade's strength was not something he anticipated. When Tsunade displayed her strength during the invasion, Naruto was out in the forest fighting with Gaara and Shukaku. As this matter was related to the tailed beasts and Naruto had Gamabunta just like in the canon, the jonin instructors hadn't told any of the genins including Yami about the whole thing. They had no idea that Naruto had such an epic fight with Shukaku. Even Yami thought that his interference had stopped the whole thing from happening but it did happen.

'This woman split the ground with just one finger. If I get too close to her and she hits me, she will open my head like a watermelon.' Naruto thought.

Before Naruto could even think of any strategy he saw Tsunade appear before him and flick his forehead hard. Naruto was thrown back and tumbled on the ground.

"That was anti-climatic," Hayate commented making Yugao nudge him to keep quiet while Karin giggled.

Shizune walked to see if Naruto had any injuries as she looked at Tsunade and said "Lady Tsunade that was harsh of you."

Tsunade chuckled at her comment and said "Kids need to experience defeats like this to become strong."

She was about to turn around and leave when Naruto stood up weakly and shouted "YOU MUST HAVE DEFEATED ME NOW BUT ONE DAY I WILL DEFEAT YOU AND BECOME THE HOKAGE. NO MATTER WHAT I WON'T GIVE UP" he also kept on blabbering other things but Yami just muted them out. Tsunade looked at Naruto and the first time she saw her brother Nawaki in him. Yami noticed her staring at Naruto and thought. 'This isn't as impactful as Naruto fighting her in the canon or against Kabuto so I don't know whether she will decide to become the Hokage or not.'

As Tsunade walked toward the group Jiraya asked "Have you come to a decision Tsunade?"

"I had already decided to become the Hokage after staying in the village for a day. If I leave the village in the hands of you idiots the village is doomed." Tsunade said. In the canon, it was Naruto's talk no jutsu that had convinced her to become the Hokage but in this timeline, Tsunade had found out about the village's biggest secret which was the Uchiha massacre and she had also seen firsthand the state the village was in. Even if she hated a few people in the village, she wouldn't turn her back on the village that her grandfather created, her clan died protecting, and her lover and brother died protecting.

Tsunade then looked at Karin and said "Why don't you try and heal Naruto as I showed you."

"W-Will I be able to do it? I only have a 50% success rate on fishes." Karin replied. For the past 2 days, Tsunade had been teaching Karin how to heal without getting bitten as all medical-nims do.

"Even if you fail I don't think Naruto would mind." Tsunade chuckled.

'She is too cruel' was the thought going on in everyone's head. Karin nodded and went to heal Naruto. Shizune was present to oversee and stop if things go wrong.

Tsunade's face turned serious and she looked at Sasuke and Yami and asked "What are your goals?"

Sasuke first looked at Kakashi who nodded and then he looked back at Tsunade with a serious and angry expression as he said "I want to become strong enough to kill someone."

Tsunade sighed a little which wasn't noticed by many and asked "And who would that be?"

"Itachi Uchiha...I want to kill him and avenge the entire Uchiha clan." Sasuke closed his fists so tightly that blood started dripping on the ground. Jiraya could also feel the anger bubbling inside Sasuke.

'Drive for hatred and revenge...I hope it doesn't make him blind. Kakashi has his hands full' Jiraya thought.

Tsunade knew that there was no use in consoling Sasuke or making him understand so she turned toward Yami who surprisingly was pretty normal while all this was going on. 'Seeing and hearing Sasuke say this everyone is serious but he looks unaffected by it.'

"What is your goal Yami?"

"Nothing" that's the answer Tsunade got to her question. She wanted to feel relieved that at least one brother wasn't mad for revenge but it made her puzzled.

-------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.