Conflicting Truth

Cereys Erwood; Master of Lancer stood tall before Shinji Matou. The subpair Mage belonging to a family clinging to it's old valor and desire for "The Root." How pompous it was for Shinji to look down upon a fellow Mage. Especially one that was trained in one of the oldest forms of "True Magic". Though her right arm trembled manically due to the outburst of mana;Cereys welcomed it. Along with her victory, as the body of Shinji lay pressed to a faraway tree with a massive geyser of ice. It's glimmer was almost as brilliant as thousands of diamonds. But Cereys knew that using a Rune as old as that would have it toll. And yet what Cereys did not expect was a burst of mana from Shinji himself. His screams pierced the very air as he cried out for his servant. A distorted figure of pitch blackness, manifesting before the frantic Shinji.

Eyes wide like a caged animal, as the young man thrashed against his frozen restraints. Pleading with the cautious Cereys. Save him. He screams continued. Almost haunting the female Master who stood frozen in place. Her limbs refusing her commands as the strange figure soon turned it's attention towards her. A single one of it's tentacle like appendages reaching out for Cereys. Inside she screamed. Fighting with her body to move. To run from the blatant danger before her. As the young Master could sense it, a strange trickle of fear that pieced her soul. Beckoned her to flee. Pleaded with her even, and yet she was unable to. Cereys Erwood stood before the figure who's tentacle touched Cereys 's forehead. A sensation flooded all of her remaining senses as Cereys Erwood found herself submerged in complete darkness. Unable to move as the blackness smothered her into oblivion. She saw no Shinji. No longer heard his cries. All she could hear was her own rapid beating heart.

But there was something else there. Someone. Deep within the darkness, perhaps further than Cereys would have dared venture. She heard it. The familiar voice that filled her mind both night and day. Lancer. She heard his voice. Felt his strain and anxiety of the battle he currently fought. With great effort Cereys brought her right hand to her chest. Clutching it tightly as she whispered to the darkness. Hoping with all of her might that he heard her. "Don't leave me! Fight Cú, I'm here waiting for you." A simple statement yet dear to her heart Cereys peered into the void unsure how longer she would remain. However soon her question was answered as a flood of white seemed to wipe away the darkness in a single sweep. Leaving Cereys suspended within the white space as another voice flooded her ears. Her own. "You would wait for him? Knowing he will be your demise?" It was phrased as a question however Cereys knew herself. Perhaps too well. The voice of herself demanded to know her reason. Why? Why such foolishness?

Why fight what was destined? Why even fight at all? Without any hesitation Cereys called out to the voice. "I don't know if he will be the end of me. All I know is that he is my partner and I don't want him to die." Cereys began, still clutching her hands to her chest as she continued as an image of Cú flooded her mind. Causing a small smile to form across her lips as she continued. "I don't want him to be alone. Ever again. So even if you say my decision will be the end of me; I won't leave him." She was firm with her words as the voice remained silent for quite some time. Though it did finally speak however the disapproval was evident within it's tone. "Then you will fight your destiny and die. He will not be by your side as you are for him. He will fail. Just like before." There it was. A spark to the questions brewing within Cereys. What did the voice mean by again?

"What are you talking about?! Tell me!" Cereys demanded as the voice released a sigh before a dim azure specks of mana began to collect before the Master. These specks took little time to begin to take a new shape. Twisting into a sight that nearly caused Cereys to scream. As the form the mana chose was her own. Cereys. Another Cereys. Her hands immediately reached for her mouth in disbelief as the other Cereys stood before her. A gaping hole in her abdomen where she knew blood once poured from. And yet here the wound did no such thing. A reminder of her death. Of Cereys death. The "New" Cereys placed her right hand upon the wound before she spoke. "In another singularity—I die. Alone in battle. Lancer was nowhere to rescue me. My end came swiftly. Bitterly." She began her eyes turned to the sky of white as tears slithered down her cheeks. " I loved him. And he let me die. And now here you are. Another version of me who will fall the same way. All for forbidden love that can never bare fruit. It was all doomed to begin with. Everything." She spoke so harshly about Cú and yet it could be understood.

After all she was Cereys. And yet she could not help but to shake her head towards her other self. Still firm on her beliefs. Her feelings towards Lancer no matter how traumatic her end was. The Master could not abandon him. She would not. Even if it killed her. No matter how much it pained her. Cereys would remain her Lancer as long as he wished it. "I understand how you feel. You feel abandoned by him but how do you know he wasn't in pain too? Did you ever wonder how he felt knowing you died?" These were questions that " New" Cereys refused to answer. Turning away from Cereys as she spoke " It doesn't matter, nothing can change what is done. You have made your decision. You will die alone just as I did. " With these words Cereys was thrust from the space now finding herself on her knees before the strange black figure once more. The creature seemed to glitch almost like a virus before as it phased away from Cereys. Almost fearful of her. Retreating to the still screaming Shinji, standing before him for a time. As if debating on what to do with him.

Still thrashing in his bindings Shinji continued to carry out for his Servant. Who's mana was now a twist of wickedness that streamed across the terrain. Soaring right towards her pitiful Master, but the enemy servant was not alone. As appearing merely seconds before her; Lancer manifested in a blue of blue. Standing before Cereys, lance held out on a protective manner Infront of her. His eyes a lovely crimson scanned Cereys for injuries, clicking his tongue against his teeth in agitation. She had been injured. Again. "Your hurt." Lancer stated, his voice low as Rider soon made her grotesque presence known. Appearing beside Shinji, her eyes upon his ice prison. As her attention then turned towards Cereys. Her interest remaining despite her transformation. Still mesmerized by the Master of Blue. "I'm okay, I was able to use the rune. Shinji shouldn't be able to move so let's concentrate on Rider. " Cereys declared, a plan quickly set up in hopes of both ending the fight and the rage burning inside of Lancer.

His anger still boiling Lancer turned his head to the serpent of a Servant. Masking his rage in his voice as he spoke to his beloved Master. "Understood, I'll make him pay for hurting you." "Lancer—" However Cereys was interrupted as a flurry of snakes was sent their way. Her attention upon the battle as Cereys dared to stand by Lancer's side. Refusing to be protected like her other self. She was different. And Cereys aimed to prove this true. She would not die. She would live.