Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"

A.N: I'm sorry about the wait, this has been impossible to write and it's more of a filler than anything

--------------------------------------

Ivan's absence left the five widows in a stunned silence. Seven was trying not to feel overwhelmed and out of place, but among the other four she was feeling rather displaced. The door finally stopped swaying but the silence pursued and Seven observed how Anya's shoulders eased to match Viktoria's relaxed stance. Sofia remained stiff and Seven began wondering if she was some sort of robot.

Seven wondered about where she stood with the serum now, how was she supposed to work adaptively on missions if she was under complete mind control. Then again her job as a widow wasn't to think. However, she did enjoy being in her own head and she wanted to appreciate it for however long it would last.

Only then did she snap out of her thoughts and realize that the other four had engaged in conversation. She didn't know whether to walk over or stay where she was. If she could choose, then she would want the earth to swallow her up right where she was standing.

Seven was used to being the most skilled in the room based on ability alone and now she wasn't, she needed to stop standing there like an idiot.

"so," She spoke loudly, causing the others to stop their conversation and look over. Sofia looked annoyed that she had even opened her mouth. "What now?"

"I guess we get acquainted" Viktoria said, shrugging.

"I already know you three as much as I want to" Anya groaned and Seven was surprised at her slightly husky voice. Yelena smiled at the comment and pulled her sleeves over her hand.

Seven envied the fact that they got jumpers and she didn't, subconsciously rubbing at her goose-bumps that had appeared on her arms.

"I guess that just leaves you then squirt." Viktoria said, walking over. Seven assumed she wasn't trying to be patronizing.

Then again, she didn't know these people.

Seven shrugged, she was overwhelmed.

Anya sighed and started walking away, tugging on Sofia's arm until they were both moving and were out of Seven's peripheral. Seven assumed they were bored and therefore leaving, the other two would probably follow any minute now. Where would she go? How would she find her way back? Did she even want to?

Seven was lost in the depth of her thoughts until she heard a loud slam of something hitting the floor, and against her wishes she turned to look. Sofia was pushing three crash mats across the room while Anya carried a bundle of fabric in her arms. Seven couldn't fathom where these thing had come from.

"Come on then" The brunette was saying and Seven was walking, following absent-mindedly.

Dread pooled in her stomach, was this the serum, taking effect? She willed her legs to stop working and she came to an abrupt stop, sending her body sprawling to the ground with the grace of a newborn deer. "Are you alright?" Viktoria turned and looked at her with great concern, offering a hand.

Seven stared at the outstretched hand, every fibre of her being was screaming at her to push the hand away and get up herself, how a widow should behave. Instead, she accepted being pulled to her feet, a huge smile spreading over her face.

She needed to be open to the teamwork if they were going to complete their mission.

"what are you grinning at?" Viktoria asked, eyeing her with suspicion.