16

Colby's POV

"Goddamn it." I hissed as I watched Julia walk through the crowd.

I didn't know how we could be so unlucky to end up in the same bar in the middle of fucking nowhere.

It pissed me off that she came between me and my job but it pissed me off even more at how beautiful she was.

I pushed away every memory of her the best that I could because it hurt to think about.

Seeing her tonight made me feel like I was kicked in the gut.

She was fucking stunning.

I couldn't lose focus because of her though. I had been in here for too long and was caught in the act.

I watched as Julia walked over to the man I was trying to capture. She pulled his shirt and kissed him sloppily causing me to roll my eyes.

I knew she was just doing that to make me jealous because she looked like she would rather be kissing anyone else but that man.

I clenched my jaw and turned around, walking out of the club. I had failed my task for the first time in years and it was just of Julia.

Typical.

I groaned and pulled out my pack of cigarettes and plucked one of them out, lighting it up.

It annoyed me that I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I wasn't even planning on killing the guy, but I needed to drug him so I could take him and question him.

The secret society has been working on a missing criminal case and Michael Octavia claimed he knew something.

One of my men has been watching him and he's been doing some shady shit.

I had a sneaking suspicion that he was part of a gang here.

Now, I had to fucking wait to get him.

I went to my car and watched the door, waiting for the two of them to come out.

I hated that I was going to have to follow them because I didn't want to be close to Julia.

I didn't want her to be close to any danger but she seemed to want to gravitate towards it.

I only sat in my car for a couple minutes before Julia and her annoying ass boyfriend were coming out of the club.

Julia looked physically upset and frazzled. I knew it was because she saw me but she should have been more worried about the stranger she was hanging out with.

I watched as they walked to the car then waited for them to leave. I followed behind them, not close enough for them to notice but close enough for me to follow them.

They pulled up to a random house that seemed to be in a nice area. The house was simple but looked big enough to house 5 people.

It had to be Julia's house.

I thought it was admirable that she bought such a quant place, knowing she could afford more with the money I gave her.

She was always into the more simple things.

I shook my head, pushing the thoughts of her away as the two of them walked to the front door.

Julia still looked upset but Michael looked like he was comforting her.

I watched them for a moment before he leaned in and kissed her. My stomach flipped at the gesture, but I ignored it.

There was no room to get into those kinds of feelings.