Enraged Torune

Sasuke wasn't surprised like the others when he heard this. He was used to his brother giving such weird answers. "Huh? Nothing? How can someone not have a goal?" Tsunade asked.

Yami just shrugged and said "I simply don't. Why is that so hard to understand?"

Tsunade looked at Kakashi for an answer but Kakashi just waved his hand indicating to let it go. Tsunade wanted to see how had the massacre affected the kids. As she expected one of them had become blind in revenge and hatred for the culprit but the other one seemed unaffected.

'I understand he must be too young to understand those things when it happened but he doesn't even show any indication of avenging his clan or rebuilding it.' Tsunade thought.

"Alright, I believe you." She said and then looked at Shizune and shouted "Come on Shizune we need to leave now."

"You going to drink and gamble, aren't ya?" Jiraya asked in a teasing tone.

"Of course I am, Once I become the Hokage I won't be getting time for all that. I am going to enjoy all the time I have left so don't even think of calling me into a meeting with those old people." Tsunade said and started walking toward the main entrance of the Uchiha compound. She looked around while she was walking to see if there were anyone hiding. She assumed that since there were only 2 kids living here and the Anbus were outside the compound, there was a chance that someone must have been stationed there to keep an eye on the kids. The scroll that Yami had sent to her through Zabuza and Haku contained the entire truth of the Uchiha massacre along with some of Danzo's misdeeds. Tsunade had seen Danzo a few times and he did give her creepy vibes but she never thought that Danzo was this evil. One of the main reasons for her to take the post of Hokage is that Danzo shouldn't become Hokage. The village would be really doomed if that happened.

_____________________

Root base

All of the root shinobis were standing in the main hall and Danzo was standing at one end. He looked at the root shinobis for a few seconds. The Root shinobis were also confused as Danzo had never called everyone together. The rule of the root was that root shinobis knew the bare minimum number of root shinobis they needed to get the job done. So many root shinobis didn't know about a majority of others. Two people were standing on either side of Danzo. One had orange hair and was in his late 30's or early 40's. This was Danzo's most trusted subordinate, Fu Yamanaka. The other one had a mask on his face with only his nose and mouth exposed. The eyes also had glass on the mask so that he could see. The man wore black tight clothes all over his body not exposing even an inch of skin. This man was Torune Aburame. A man whose skin was so poisonous that even his touch was deadly to a jonin level of Shinobi.

"Do you know why I have called you all here?" Danzo said in a normal tone but the words boomed like a loudspeaker inside the big closed hall.

The root shinobis knew that the 2 elders Koharu and Homura had died most of them didn't know that many root shinobis had also gone missing. Some thought that Danzo was going to announce his promotion to the post of Hokage but when they saw the gloomy faces of Fu and Torune, they knew the news was nothing good. Mako was also among the people who were standing in the hall.

"Elders Koharu and Homura are missing. They are most probably dead and the root shinobis guarding them have also gone missing." Fu said as he stepped forward. His voice was sharp and made all the root shinobis immediately look down.

Seeing that no one was acting different, Torune came forward and said "Only a handful of root shinobis knew where the elders' safe house was located and the invaders had specifically targeted their house and the ones around were untouched. One of you guys has betrayed the root." He said the last part loudly making all root shinobis feel a tingle go through their spine.

They knew that Torune might look like a good superior but he was known to kill his victims with his poison and it was a gruesome sight to watch. None of the root shinobis wanted to be at the receiving end of that poison.

"Now all of you will be thoroughly questioned and if anyone wants to come forward and say something, now is the time. But remember if we find that anything that comes out of your mouth is a lie, I promise that you would be begging for death by the end of the day." The people that had died were Torune's men so he was way more enraged than Fu.

Danzo had full confidence in the Curse tongue eradication seal and one of its properties was when questions were being asked by Danzo, Fu, and Torune, the root shinobis won't be able to lie. This was something that Danzo had added to the curse seal when the arm made of Hashirama cells and Sharingan had gotten stolen. At first, Danzo thought that it was the doing of lightning shinobis but after killing a couple of them near the land of lightning and interrogating two of them, he started developing doubts about someone from his own faction selling out information.

Mako was relieved that the only thing happening is interrogation and not mind reading. Yami had already removed the seal on his body so he had nothing to worry about.

Mind reading all the root shinobis would have caused permanent damage to Fu so he could only rely on the tongue's cursed seal to find the truth.

While all this was happening inside the root base, two people wearing oversized black cloaks with red and white cloud designs on them and bamboo hats on their heads were walking toward one of Konoha's entrances.

-----------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.