23. ghost town

*

*.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

Marshall Household

Rebekah is sleeping soundly on her bed when her door opens with a thud and someone ripping open the curtains.

Sunlight streaming directly into her face. She quickly sits up and looks at the intruders that disturbed her beauty sleep.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Rebekah asks irritated.

"Well Bex since it is you first day of school we decided we make you breakfast" Hayley starts.

"We made you our special pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup. We even added blood into the pancake dough" Melody continues with a smile.

"To drink we made you Lena Marshall's special mix for vampires. It contains coffee, blood and sugar" Hayley finishes and Melody places the tray with the food in front of her.

"Oh my god. That is so sweet of you two" Rebekah says with a grateful smile.

"We do everything for our favorite Mikaelson" the twins reply in unison, while exchanging smiles.

Rebekah laughs and eats her breakfast.

*.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

"Alright don't forget to make an dramatic entrance" Hayley says, smirking.

"Because your first impression is always the one that stays in everyone's head" Melody adds.

"Oh please, my little sister is the definition of being dramatic" Klaus joins them in the hallway.

The girls roll their eyes just as they hear a honk outside.

"That should be Caroline" Rebekah says with an excited expression.

"Have fun Rebekah" Klaus replies sincerely. He knows how much she wanted a normal life but he couldn't provide it because they had to run away from Mikael, so he is genuinely happy for her.

"Thank you. Alright got to go" she says and walks out of the door. Melody and Hayley wipe away their fake tears.

"The kids grow up so fast" the twins say. They look at each other and laugh. Klaus rolls his eyes but has a smile on his face.

*.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

Mystic Falls High School

"Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders...the Native Americans" Alaric starts his lesson.

A gorgeous blond enters the classroom.

"What about the Vikings?"

She takes a seat at a desk. Caroline having a proud smile on her face and Stefan having an amused one.