Chapter 164: Is It Fate? Or God is Playing? pt. 1

The scenery from the outside window was rather fascinating, or was it because I was just as bored as I was when I'm at home? I had done what I wanted to do when I came here to the capital but the sun is still high up in the sky. In short, there's still a lot of time. If I went home like this, what am I supposed to do there?

Drink tea on my balcony again? Stare at nothing until my eyes water? Wait for something interesting to happen? Watch my flowers in the garden bloom? Hell naaaaw!

I leaned forward, opened the small window thing that connects to the driver, and called Uno.

"Stop the carriage. I'm going to stroll around for a bit."

The carriage halted to the side and Uno came to open the door for me so I could step out.

"You don't have to accompany me. I'll go alone," I added.

Uno nodded and retreated with the other driver, fading into the background. He didn't try to rebuke me in joining me while I walked and just guarded through the shadows, joining the secret team that had been following us since earlier. I don't exactly know how the secret guards do that but yeah, that's hella impressive. You really can't tell that they are very much present unless you know it beforehand.

They are like ninjas...

I don't have to worry about being harmed while I am alone because I know for sure that they are just around me, lurking in the shadows. That is kind of assuring in itself. Though I am not sure why everyone could just try challenging a marquis, who is also a former general of the royal army. Well, there's a lot of vile people out there and to them, it doesn't matter whether you're the child of God himself, because they are that evil.

They only believe in their greed.

Just as I said, I walked around the street unsure where to go, taking my precious time admiring the things I don't normally notice. It's actually fun having a quality time alone, it's not very lonesome just like I thought it would be.

Sure, it'll be more fun with friends around but this is nice too.

I noticed a lot of things that I wouldn't when I'm with someone else. Like how there are a lot of lowkey establishments that I won't normally visit. For example, a shop that sells antique items, or that shady shop of a self-proclaimed fortune teller. She literally wanted to pull me inside for some reason, repeatedly declaring that I am cursed and that I need to get baptized.

Bruh.

I wonder what will happen to me if I did come into her little abode...

Anyways, let's forget about that part of the neighborhood. I visited a lot of shops that I just recently discovered or I was eyeing before, though I got bored after a while. I wasn't planning to buy anything because if I did, I will then end up with a lot of stuff to carry. It's troublesome which is why I held back on impulsively buying everything that fancies me.

I then decided to visit the usual cafe I frequented because I got hungry after spending energy. I need to refresh.

The guard outside already knew me so and opened the door and greeted me at the same time. He's very friendly, I tell you. And kinda attractive as well, fufufufu~

I thanked him and went inside, breezing through the throng of people who are also deciding to eat there. My eyes only roamed for a moment, noting that there are a lot of young ladies present. It's a hotpot for young women and the likes so if you want to find someone, just come to this cafe which always has a lot of fish.

It's still as lively as ever huh.

"Good Afternoon, Lady Nadia!" The baker on the counter beamed after seeing me.