Chapter 168: Is It Fate? Or God is Playing? pt. 5

I instinctively took a step back when I felt danger but I didn't want to reveal myself to Estelle, so the direction of my feet only brought me towards the wall, which is a dead freaking end. Naturally, it meant that I can't avoid him if he ever did something funny.

Is he going to touch me again?! In broad daylight, nonetheless?! How shameless can he get?

"H-hey! Y-you! What are you trying to do?!" I blurted, watching him warily.

Lukas didn't even consider that I was literally panicking and shying away from him and just continued approaching me.

His finger, which strangely felt a little hot, then tapped on my forehead as I leaned behind me, looking like a cornered animal. It was just a simple touch but for some odd reasons, that skin contact sent a jolt towards the rest of my body. And for other bizarre reasons, I felt something stirring within my body. It reacted to the touch and had seemed to go crazy over it.

My eyes widened when I noticed that peculiar feeling that came over me. It wasn't uncomfortable, nor was it painful or anything but it sure creeped the fvck out of me. Much so that I quickly avoided him, stepping away to the side where he won't corner me on a wall.

What the hell was that?! What was that just now?

I then stared at him accusingly as if telling him that he was the culprit of that strange phenomenon. It was all because he touched me that I felt like my soul was leaving me or something. Something was really present inside me but I have no freaking idea what it was.

Lukas straightened his back once more as he rubbed his mouth, looking thoughtful.

"Ohh... So that was it..." He muttered as he observed me with narrowed eyes. He seemed to appear interested in whatever crap he just thought of.

I looked at him defensively.

"What did you do?"

Why did it feel like a part of me was awakened or something?

Lukas shrugged his broad shoulders, "Nothing much. I just expended a little magic to test it out..." was his retort.

"M-magic? Y-you–!"

'I knew he did something strange just now!'

He then defended himself when he saw the accusation in my face.

"I didn't do anything to you so stop glaring at me."

I didn't buy it and had gazed at him more suspiciously instead.

"B-but... why did I... why did I feel something weird just now?"

I mean, it's surely not just my imagination, right? On the grounds that I definitely felt it and my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

Lukas looked down at me with a crease on his forehead.

"Hmm? You didn't know?"

"What?" His reply made me blink.

What should I know?

"Heh." He sneered, crossing his arm in front of him but never really answering my question at all and resorted to changing the topic– "You shouldn't go around like this if I were you. You would end up attracting the wrong people," was what he said.

It was a clear warning but it didn't make sense to me who is still hung up on his earlier words and actions.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" I inquired. Lukas merely looked away but I wasn't having it– "Hey!"

How dare he confuse me?

"It's dangerous for you to run around during these times. If those people found you, even your secret guards won't be able to save you," he sighed as he shook his head.