23

Oh My Love - John Lennon

Everything is clear in our world. Oh my love, for the first time in my life, my mind is wide open.

HARRY

Ten hours before...

"Harry! Please sit beside me," Maddie jumped up and down in the crowded aisle of the airplane. I watched her... already annoyed with the flirtatious air hostess who wouldn't stop staring at me. I was tired, hungover and not looking forward to the seven hour flight that would soon commence.

"Fine," I mumbled. Taking a seat beside her, I was taken back by the plush seats of first class.

Dylan had been adamant about purchasing our tickets as a whole. Claimed that he wouldn't see his son sitting in economy class when he could more than afford a seat for me in first. It felt weird. I knew that he was well off with his partnership at the law firm. Since it was only him and Maddie, money wasn't short.

I couldn't put up much of a fight when Maddie stared at me with her doe like eyes and whined about how she wanted to sit with her big brother and watch disney films. Even though I wouldn't admit it, she had grown on me. More than I would have ever imagined, and had some how soften my stone cold heart. Guilt would creep up on me if I merely thought about turning her down, so I knew... I fucking knew that I couldn't tell her no.

Which left me on the aisle seat of first class, beside an overly enthused eight year old.

"I love airplanes. They are so exciting. Don't you think?" She was staring out of the window, watching the plane begin to ascend into the air. I held on to the edge of the seat, not enjoying this part of the flight.

Dylan sat on the other side of the aisle. He was preoccupied with the seat, fixing it to fit to his standards. I didn't even know the first thing to do in first class. But when the air hostess with the flirty eyes and too short skirt sauntered past me, I didn't know what to do one bit.

"Drinks?" She leaned in, her cleavage on full display. Maddie turned her head, a sour look on her face.

"Do you have orange juice?" She asked. The woman glanced over, a fake smile spread across her bright red lips...

"Yes sweetie," she poured a small glass with fresh juice, popping a few ice cubes inside. "Here you go. Your daughter?"

"Sister."

"I see," she smiled at me, her eyes trailing over my body slowly.

For the first time, I felt fucking uncomfortable. I was positive this was not only inappropriate but against some work law. She leaned in closer, her tits too close to my face, as she brushed her hand against my arm.

"And for you?"

"Water," I grunted, pulling my arm away. She didn't looked a bit phased by my movements, too occupied with undressing me with her eyes.

After she handed me the water, I turned away from her. Hoping that my posture would convey that I was not interested. Maddie curiously watched me as I took a long sip from my glass. The ice water feeling fantastic against my dry throat.

It had been three hours since we were fully flying in the air, and Maddie had fallen asleep against my arm. We were halfway through Beauty and the Beast, when her eyes began to droop and her head fell against my arm.

I looked over at Dylan who was busy reading a novel. The cabin was dimly lit to allow most of it's passengers the ability to fall asleep... and even though all I wanted was to go to sleep, my body wouldn't allow me to. All I could think about was how in less than ten hours, I would be in the same room as her.