Tsukishima & Yamaguchi - Time Off

Au: Regular (Timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: GN!reader

Word Count: 1.9k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Never make me tour children again. Those things are despicable."

Sometimes coming out of the dark and dingy corridors of the secluded "staff only" rooms that were hidden between exhibits was a joy. After a long day of excavating, cleaning, and preserving various pieces of deceased animals and artefacts, sometimes the harmonious grumblings of your co-worker were just what you needed to hear.

"What happened this time, Shortcake?"

Tsukishima slouched further onto the receptionist's desk and glared your way. His uniform had been unbuttoned on the top, and his sleeves rolled up. The blond hair that he usually managed to keep in neat order was lifting and curling, tousled by frequent brushes of his hand. "Stop calling me that."

"No. So what happened?" You smiled, leaning on the counter next to him.

As Tsukishima stood straight to turn to you, the yawning receptionist behind that counter scurried off. "There was another know-it-all kid in the class. He kept interrupting me."

"Ah, so your long lost twin?" He huffed at your response. "Oh, Tsukki, some kids, people, are just like that. They take a special interest in a certain topic and want to share their knowledge."

"Do they have to do it when I'm talking?"

"Well, no. But kids don't always know social etiquette. They'll learn to speak in turn," you sighed. "You know, I remember when you would do the same thing. Talking over me whenever I tried to share some cool information with you. Oh, you were so cute back then."

"I've only worked here for two months."

"Ya, the novelty has worn off."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes. "I hate you."

"Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty to me."

With his head thrown back in despair, Tsukishima groaned and walked toward the exit. "Will you be quiet?"

You followed, looping your arm through his to tug him away from the museum faster. "No. Let's go get dinner."

"No."

"I'll pay."

"Fine."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Two slices? Are you sure that's gonna be enough?" you asked, staring at the plates of strawberry shortcake that had just been brought out.

"I can order more if you want. You're the one paying, after all."