Apologies

You had fallen asleep curled up in a corner when you heard obnoxious tapping in your cage. You opened your eyes and huffed when you saw the large man with the eye patch waving at you. You tried rolling over so you wouldn't be able to see him anymore, but he just moved to the other side and started tapping the glass again.

"Natasha told you not to do that." The reinforced glass muffled sounds, but you could still hear the trio on the other side speak.

"I just wanted to see if he was awake," Thor said.

Wanda rolled her eyes, "If we're going to do this, we don't need him to be angry."

"He's always this grumpy these days."

"Why do we have to do this?" Bruce asked. "He obviously likes Loki and Bucky better."

"Yes, but he might lash out. We can hold him back better," Wanda reasoned. "Besides, you can just turn green if he tries to bite you."

Bruce frowned as he took out the syringe from his pocket. "Lucky me."

Bruce opened the door of your cage, and you suspiciously backed up further in your corner when you saw the three of them come in. Thor took point, making sure you didn't lunge at them. Bruce cautiously followed while holding the syringe, and Wanda stayed back in case you suddenly tried to run off.

"We really don't want to hurt you (Y/N), but we need this blood sample to help us reverse what's been done to you," Bruce said softly.

You saw what he had in his hand, and you growled in response.

"Let's make this quick," Thor said as he rushed forward, grabbing you by the horns. He pushed them down, pressing your face to the ground before you could react. Bruce took the opportunity to run around the god and stuck the needle in the back of your neck. You let out a yelp and pulled yourself out of Thor's grip. Luckily Bruce got enough blood, and the two of them retreated before you could run after them. You let out a roar as all three of them stared at you behind the door.

"I hate seeing them like this," Wanda said sadly.

"That's why we're helping them," Bruce said as he looked down at the syringe full of blood. He took it back to the lab and started running tests.

Meanwhile, you got a different guest visiting you. He looked rather awkward, and you couldn't understand what he was talking about, so you just sat on the ground staring at him, making him even more nervous.

"I know I made a mistake in not trusting you, and I.... Well, I...." Steve wasn't sure what he was doing here. He didn't even think you understood what he was apologizing for. He should have probably waited for you to turn back to your normal self, but he had no idea how long that would take, and the guilt has been eating him up. Some of the team had forgiven him for what he had said about not trusting you, but it didn't make things right unless you did too.

Steve watched as you yawned, showing off your many sharp teeth. You then laid on the ground with your head resting on your front legs. Steve might have admitted you looked cute if only he could figure out exactly what type of animal you were supposed to be and you hadn't almost ripped his face off.

"Okay, listen (Y/N)," he said as you looked up at him. "I missed up, and I'm sorry for it. Just like the rest of the team, I know you're one of us, and I'm not going to let Abbott get away with what he did to you. He may be dead, but we can still fix this. I'm not going to stop until you're okay again. Do you at least understand that?"

Steve didn't know why, but he looked at you, waiting for a response. It was as though he believed you would magically speak to him, but that was just wishful thinking. The only thing he saw was one of your ears twitch, and then you slowly blinked at him. It most likely didn't mean a thing, but Steve was going to take it as a sign that a part of you had heard him, motivating him to find another solution.

"I'm going to fix this, buddy."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/N: I am alive and well. Thank you for the kind messages 🥰.