james

"Is there a curse going around?" Remus lazily muttered as we looked around the Gryffindor table. Everyone who sat with their usual groups were sitting away from the usual friends they surrounded themselves with.

"Scarlett's sitting alone" I muttered, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice as I glanced at her reading a muggle book that I couldn't quite see the title of without my glasses. Dorcas and Marlene were sitting at the Ravenclaw table, like before Scarlett ever arrived to Hogwarts. It was a sight that hadn't been seen in a while, almost felt odd and unbalanced.

"Oi!" Padfoot yelled from across the table, throwing a strawberry at her, hitting her forehead. She turned to look at us with an annoyed look, putting her book down. Sirius motioned with his hands to come sit with us.

She hesitantly put her book away, grabbing her things and breakfast plate, walking towards us. My leg started subconsciously shaking up and down as her robe opened up her bit, her white shirt peaked through, the top buttons unbuttoned a bit low, I was surprised that Mcgonagall hadn't noticed yet. She was also wearing long black boots with stockings and a tight skirt, her tie was also undone around her neck, she still hadn't managed to learn how to tie a tie.

There were bags under her eyes too, somehow she looked like Remus a few days prior. Her skin was paler than usual and she looked tired.

Last night, she slept next to me in the shrieking shack. We were on the floor, all of us surrounded around Moony as he snored in his werewolf form. We laid next to each other and woke up, hand in hand.

We still hadn't spoken much about the night we spent together, but I didn't mind it because despite the lack of words, it still felt like we had somehow gotten closer. I saw her differently too, I didn't know that would happen, but it did. Along the lines and beneath the sheets, she became someone more than Scarlett. She was more beautiful to me, more raw and real to me and I was hypnotized beyond than what I was before. She completed things, always making me wonder the life I lived without her and the mischief we would've been up to if only our paths were crossed sooner.

"How do you guys do this?" She lazily said, sitting between Siriusand I and across from Peter and Remus.

"I feel refreshed" Moony happily replied, stretching his arms out, his pale face now filled with color and his frail appearance was no longer apparent. "But you look like shite"

"I feel like it too" She groaned, rubbing her eyes.

"You don't look like shite" I scoffed, glaring at Remus who only chuckled.

"Thank you, James" She smiled, lightly tapping my thigh, making my hitch my breath a bit at the sudden contact.

"Get a room" Padfoot exclaimed, I immediately felt myself turn red, thankfully Scarlett only rolled her eyes and turned to look at him instead. "You don't like like shite - you smell like it though"

"Happy Birthday, Sirius" She sarcastically smiled, making him breakout into a huge grin. She quickly started rummaging through her bag, taking out a rectangle box with a red bow on top that had a small envelope attached. "I forgot to give you something last night"

"If it's a bloody book then you can't sit with us" Padfoot said, hesitantly grabbing the box.

"Don't be a twat" Moony said, making Scarlett open her mouth a bit, looking offended.

"I wish I did give you a book now so I can no longer suffer in this so called friendship"

"So, it's not a book" Padfoot said, grabbing the box more enthusiastically, taking the envelope off of the box. "I'll just throw this out"

"Aww then you'll never know how deeply in love with you I am" Scarlett pouted.

"Be serious Scarlett, everyone's in love with me - i'm used to it" He shrugged opening the envelope, but Scarlett quickly widened her eyes and stopped him from opening it.