277: Schemes

Chapter 277: Schemes

Watching the Konoha Ninjas vanish into thin air, Karin Uzumaki couldn't help but gulp.

It would be a lie to say she wasn't scared of this Neji guy.

Of the many other reasons, one main reason was his chakra. It was blank. She couldn't sense his chakra at all, as if he didn't exist in front of her. Karin had sensed many gentle chakras, along with some very evil chakras too. But this was the first time she had found someone who came out blank to her senses… honestly, it scared her.

There were many people self-proclaiming to be a God, and many had powers to somewhat back that claim. But this guy? He was beyond anything Karin had expected to ever see.

Now she couldn't help the bitter feeling she felt when Sasuke left her. Well technically he didn't leave her, it was Tobi– or rather Madara– but still, Sasuke could at least have told the masked man to retrieve her. But he didn't. If he did, perhaps Karin wouldn't be in such a dangerous situation.

She didn't know the details of what Neji would do to her. Perhaps he would just read her memories and hand her over to Kakashi– but she wasn't sure about that so her worry was endless. Maybe he would judge her karma or something before throwing her into hell. Was there hell in this place?

Karin sat in a corner of the room, beside Tsunade who was keeping an eye out for her, and watched as Jugo closed his eyes while standing in front of Neji, and around a minute later his body turned into particles of light, slowly vanishing from the realm of reality and rushing out of the palace. A hologram screen in the air showed as Jugo's soul found himself amidst the crowd of souls in heaven, blinking and looking around before he released a heavy sigh.

That made Kirin shudder. Most other people probably wouldn't notice– but since Jugo had managed to enter heaven, it meant he had died, and he died by praying to Neji. Which in turn meant that Neji, with a single thought, could kill anyone who believed in him– who prayed to him, didn't it?

That was a horrifying power. Karin's fear just kept increasing.

Next was Kiba and Akamaru who also closed their eyes and tried to pray to Neji, but to no avail. Neji explained that just praying won't do, a person would need to believe in Neji as well. Believe, as in, believing in a God. 

It seemed that– though the Inuzuka boy had seen the same things she did, and accepted that this really was heaven, it was still hard for him to accept and pray to Neji as a God. She understood the reason. Sure, Neji was a God, but accepting that didn't mean anybody would be able to just pray to him as one. For example, the Izuzuka Clan worshipped a Dog God their whole lives, so it was hard for Kiba to change his views all of a sudden.

Around an hour later though, Kiba did succeed. Akamaru succeeded right with him, proving the Dog's loyalty to the young man. Then only Ino Yamanaka remained.

"Uh," Ino smiled awkwardly when all attention fell on her. "What happens if I can't succeed even after an hour?"

Neji stared at her.

—-

Ino shed many tears in the last three days since she found out about Konoha's destruction. Everything else was a blank in her head as she could only wish that her family were among the few people who survived the assault.

Turns out, that wasn't the case.

However, she was deeply relieved upon realising at least everyone had gone to heaven. She wasn't a little girl, she knew both her father and mother had killed dozens, as they were people who lived through wars. Sure, the people they killed weren't entirely innocent– but taking a life was still a grievous sin. So for those people to end up in heaven, rather than hell? She couldn't be more happy.