Cuddles (Fem reader)

Can't quite remember who requested it but here's a fem reader! Sorry that I've been doing a lot of gender neutral/male readers, it's because whenever I read a John Doe fanfic 98% of the time it's fem reader 😭 I write gender neutral/male readers more often so I can cater to people of other identities so more people can see themselves in the story :) Anyways enough of the rambling! In this oneshot you and John cuddle, and that's it I suppose ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ Enjoy!!

Y/N POV
I was at the grocery store because I had run out of a few things at home. I was in the produce section, before my phone rang. It was from John. I answered the phone without question. "Hey John! What's up?" I asked. "Hi Y/N!!! I was just wondering... Can I come over tonight?" He asked in reply. "Of course you can! You don't have to ask every time, just let me know whenever you're coming over." I responded. "Thank you Y/N! Goodbye, I love you!" John exclaimed. "I love you too, see you tonight!" I replied, and we ended the call.

I was on the bus, when John called me again. "When are you coming home?" He asked, a worried tone in his voice. "I'll be there soon, I'm on the bus! Don't worry about me okay?" I assured him. I heard him sigh. "Alright. I'm really sorry if I'm bothering you, I just want to make sure that you're safe." He replied. "You're so thoughtful John. Oh, here's my stop! I'll see you soon, I love you!" I said. "I love you too Y/N!!!" He responded as he hung up.

I arrived at my house, and to no surprise John was sitting on the front steps. He got up when he saw me. "Hi Y/N, you're finally home! Do you need help carrying anything in?" He asked. "Yes actually, can you carry these two bags in?" I asked. He nodded, immediately grabbing both bags. I unlocked the door and we walked in, putting the groceries away. John gave me a hug, kissing my cheek.

"I missed you so much! How was your day? Anything interesting happen today?" He asked. "Today was okay, nothing too interesting. So what do you want to do?" I asked in reply. John smiled, his cheeks red. "I was just wondering if we could cuddle for a bit! I've been missing you for a few days and I wanted to spend some time with you." He said. I smiled. "Sure! I do admit, we haven't hung out for a few days." I answered. We both went to my bedroom, and we layed in bed.

John Doe POV
I held Y/N in my arms, kissing her cheek. She's so warm... "So how are you?" She suddenly asked. I must have zoned out for a bit. "I'm really happy! I'm so glad that we're spending time together Y/N!" I replied. She gave me a warm smile. She she looks pretty when she smiles, she always does.

Y/N was closer to me than before. She ran her fingers through my hair, and I practically melted in her touch. "You look really pretty today John." Y/N said. I was a bit surprised, my cheeks becoming warm. It seemed like an odd thing for someone to say to me, even though Y/N was my girlfriend. "You think I'm pretty?" I asked. She nodded. "Of course I do! You're the prettiest person in the world!" She answered.

I kissed Y/N, still holding her close. "Thank you Y/N! I think you're pretty too!" I exclaimed. She giggled, snuggling into my chest. "You're so sweet, John." She replied. We stayed like this for the rest of the night. Y/N is so perfect. She's everything I've ever wanted and more. I love her so much!

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it was so short :') Remember to stay tuned for the Halloween special!

Wordcount: 677