Ten

The sky had become darker as the evening vanished to night with stars twinkling the atmosphere above them. Little sprinkles littered the darkened clouds that looked grey upon it's black background. As the city lights turned on one after the other near nine pm, they kept the streets illuminated from the horrors of big city. Some would say it wasn't even night time with how much light there was. The billboards, the window signs, the street lights and every other kind of light including traffic lights caused for a blurred neon affect.

The sidewalks weren't as crowded as they used to be as it was a school and work night for the majority of the people. However, the nightlife was more exciting to the eye in person than in the movies and Evangeline found it rather cool. With her parents' strict curfew, she'd never really seen Minneapolis at night unless it was from the backseat of a car.

Holding a cardboard cup in hand, she held it loosely as her other hand held the straw in place as she sipped on the Pepsi, insisting it be Pepsi and not Coke. The smile was still plastered to her face as she jogged off randomly to see a certain light or expensive car, and Dean didn't bother to chase her as she would stop eventually.

He watched the way she twirled like a ballerina in the middle of the sidewalk with her curled hair whipping around her. Her arms extended as she indulged in the scenery around her, in which he saw nothing special of the sort. From twirling to skipping, she was full of giddy until a rude man or woman would tell her to scram and her happiness faded to nothing. It'd be seconds later before she returned gleefully skipping down the sidewalk as if nothing happened.

Spinning around on her heels, she faced Dean as she walked backward and he looked over to the four lane street as a car honked. "You do this often?" She asked him out of the blue.

He shrugged. "Sometimes."

"Back home, did you?"

Again, Dean shrugged at the response, busy looking around.

She pulled the plastic straw up to her lips, sipping on the remainder of her drink. He turned his head and looked over to hear, hearing her sip up air as it made awful crackling bubble sounds and it sent shivers down his spine. Evangeline saw the way his shoulders rolled up toward his ears as he tensed at the sound, therefore she smirked behind the white straw and continued.

"Would you stop that?" He looked at her, eyes piercing hers with annoyance. "There's nothing left."

Evangeline smiled weakly, finding it funny. Lifting the cup away from her, she shook it and heard a bit more Pepsi inside and lowered her head, grabbing the straw with her tongue.

"Stoppp." He whined, eyes widening as he shook his head. "Sully, I said stop."

She continued, the nickname he gave her didn't phase her because even if it annoyed her, she found joy in making him beg for her stop.

She backed away with a jump as a smirk tugged at the corner of her lips, inching on her face as she pushed her hair behind her shoulder. Skipping backward as she faced him, she continued slurping on the now empty drink he'd bought her. "Oh my god," He said with a huff. "Gimme that." He reached for it, but she turned away and ducked.

Dean was ahead of her now as she tapped her foot on the ground. "This is for the time you dumped my tray on the cheerleader table." She told him and slurped rather loudly just for the sake of it.

"That's not fair."

"How?" She asked suddenly.

He shrugged. "I ran into you on accident." He explained. "You're doing this on purpose."

She walked up to him, still shorter than he was even with her heeled boots and eyed him. "Because you annoy me, so I'm annoying you back."

He faked a laugh and shoved her shoulder back. "You're a little shit, you know that?"