30: Dubiety

(Chapter - 30)

JANG YERA

I felt as if I was sleeping on a comfortable bed. What an irony, right? I can still recall myself wandering on the streets with a tote bag that had some of my essentials. Did I perhaps...end up with...

I sprang up from my slumber, astonishment and horror steadily pouring into my heart. I was resting in an unusual location that felt oddly rich and familiar. But I couldn't just make assumptions and point out that what I was thinking was correct. I feel sorry for myself. I just got out of one situation and it didn't take a flipping day to land straight back into another. I think my life has become a misery. Screaming at the top of my lungs right now? No way. I am too indolent and have had enough of my life.

Have suicidal tendencies got up to me? Yes, I guess so. I just want to sit peacefully and do nothing until someone who enters and disturbs me from my own little world gets smacked and I will prolly end up dying because of it. I can feel a smile creeping on my face, imagining the whole scenario, feeling pure bliss just from the visualisation. "Did this wealthy jerk get any games on this fucking TV?" I scoffed as I switched the apps, looking for a hope to kill boredom.

"I have got some food for you." A man who apparently resembled a cat entered the room, having a cold expression and kept the tray on the table. As soon as his eyes moved towards me, who was playing games on the TV peacefully, he immediately let out a chuckle. "You seem to be enjoying yourself, hun. That's a smart move. I would have done the same if I was in your place." The man sat beside me as he looked constantly towards the screen and me. "And your name is?" I finally took a good look of his face. He was flawless and had modest features, which was in stark contrast to the task he was doing.

"Name's Jungwon, I am a professional sniper with the -" The guy named Jungwon stopped midway and immediately broke out a smile to divert my attention. "Must be thinking of me and my hotness, aren't you." It was uninvited. A smirk ghosted on his face, causing me to look towards him with amusement. Such duality this guy here holds. "Anyways, aren't you worried about anything over here...like what if someone kills you here?" Jungwon looked towards me, curiosity dancing in his eyes. After clicking my tongue in annoyance, totally distracted from the game, I drifted my gaze towards him. 

"Do you know who I was living with so far?" I smirked, setting the console on the glass table in front of me. "Who? You have no Lee Heeseung by your side anyways." He bit his lower lip, totally unfazed. "Yes, I have him." I replied bluntly, causing him to immediately choke on air. "Like seriously?" He asked me once again. "Do I look like a person who jokes?" I asked him. "No for sure." He mumbled before lightening the cigarette with his pocket lighter. "You gotta get me a job there." Jungwon winked at me. "As if you're helping me out of here." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him, causing him to chuckle airily. "That man is totally...leave it. I just escaped from there because of him. He's pathetic." I held my temple in stress, brushing the topic aside.

"Are you legal enough for this?" I asked him, alluding to the cigarette he was consuming. "I mean I am twenty-two so I am legal I guess." Jungwon gave a lopsided grin and asked, "I know looks can be deceiving sometimes. I am an adult and I can commit some sins, unholy sins." Jungwon came closer to me with his eyes hooded with seduction, our lips almost touching until I pushed him back by my hand, creating a decent distance between us. "I am not interested." Jungwon laughed. "I know, I know, I was testing if you are loyal enough for my boss." I fumed in anger after hearing him out.

"Who is your boss?" I snarled in anger, totally disgusted by Jungwon's antics. "Why don't you find it yourself when the right time comes? If he finds out I told her beloved anything he forbids me to, he would be furious." Jungwon said and left the room after taking the empty tray back, leaving my mind looming with endless possibilities.

----------------------------

"What were you even trying to do with her?" Jake raised his voice on Jungwon, leading the latter to drop his head in terror. "I didn't mean anything. I was just trying to warn her, boss." Jake poked his tongue towards the inside of his cheek, trying to accept the harsh truth. He knew what Jungwon did was right and there was no reason for him to get angry on him. "Whatever you say, I am buying it, only for this time. Keep your distance from her, otherwise I will gladly murder you." Jake warned him, his voice going an octave down as he did so. "I will keep that in mind, sir." Jungwon bowed down respectfully and left his room, taking in a deep breathe. 

"Where were you, brother? I was trying to reach you for a moment." Yakura called him out as she noticed him entering the mansion. Jake was taken aback for a moment, looking where she was calling him from, but shortly noticed her sitting in the lawn, all clad in black clothes, combat boots and a pistol in her hand. Her tiger eyes looking right into his, scrutinising his whole presence. "Dad called for me, I was out for a board meeting for the company." He replied as he sat himself in front of her, brushing the dust off his olive hoodie.

"You surely went to a board meeting in this attire." She grinned at him with sarcasm. "I changed my clothes in the car after the meeting ended in the hotel." Jake defended himself, observing the fountain. "Where's Heeseung?" Yakura asked him, half-panicking. "How would I know about him?" He answered calmly looking at her with suspicion. "But he told me he was out with you." Yakura dropped the glass of water she was holding onto and widened her eyes in shock, leaving behind a puzzled Jaeyun who followed her inside the mansion like a lost child.

To be continued...

Back one again after a long time TT

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️