Eighteen

She stared down at her knee length yellow and white dress, tiny floral print covered the beautiful dress she'd merely worn. She loved the soft material that sometimes itched and she never knew why it suddenly felt that way, and surely she wasn't the only person like that. Hands ran down her hips to flatten out the wrinkles as she pulled the hem down a little; feeling people's stares. A white fitted tee was below the spaghetti strap as she glanced up, fixing the strap when her curled hair fell from behind her shoulders. 

Thumbs lifted to the middle part in her hair as she pulled her bangs out of her face, not wanting to mess her freshly done curls. A low huff escaped her lips as she turned to face her locker again, the open door revealed the organized mess. 

Books were stacked on top of books in varying widths with a small cardigan hooked on one of three hooks. A few photos of her and her friends were glued to the door by sticky tack or a magnetic. A small bag was left open with her cosmetics as sometimes she liked touching up her makeup; unless a class bored her to death she could kill a little time even if it was completely wrong. She had a small rubber duck in her locker, unsure why she had it or where it came from.

Arm reached in, lifting two books to grab the third one in the pile for her next class. Her brows furrowed as the ancient textbooks grew heavier the longer she held them. 

Jogging off from his group of friends, Dean saw her in the short distance and ran over to come see her before class. The girl was unaware he was making his way over to meet her, unbeknownst what he had up his sleeve.

Head nodding side to side, he perked up with a smile as he came up behind her. Hand extended and he slapped her on the butt several times with both hands like bongos. He'd opted for one slap, but his carefree self said 'who cares' and gave her a few taps all whilst smirking. He quickly slid around her to lean back against the locker on her other side, being quiet about it. 

She'd turned away so quickly from looking inside her locker she swore she got dizzy for a second as her book was in the air, ready to slap someone with it. 

"Too slow." He folded his arms over his chest.

Evangeline turned, brushing the tiny loose pieces of frizzy hair away from her forehead that tickled. "You." She seethed.

"What?" He laughed. "Cat caught your tongue." He joked.

"Don't do that." She pointed and began to walk down the hall.

He pushed away from the locker, shutting the door to hers, and followed beside her casually. "I would've done that either way."

She pursed her lips tightly to a thin line, kind of smiling inside because deep down she did like the way he slapped her butt.

In public around classmates embarrassed her a little because she wasn't used to being 'that' way with Dean, especially around others. It shocked her at first and her butt did sting a little from the aftermath, glad he didn't smack her hard.

He leaned down to her shoulder level. "You might be short, but I can still see you hiding that smirk." He told her.

She slowly turned her head to look at him, holding her textbook to her chest. "I don't know what you're talking about." She played it off coolly.

Dean had looked at her long enough to notice a small difference in her eyes that day. "You got something on your eye?" He motioned, pointing to his own eye.

"My eye?" She questioned, being sarcastic.

"No," He shoved her playfully as she stumbled to the left with a small laugh. "Like makeup or something."

"Oh," She perked up. "You noticed." She stated. "I wear it sometimes. Called eyeliner." Dean could nod at her answer before forgetting about it and changed topics.

"So," He stood up after nudging her shoulder playfully and she pushed him back with a smile. "I was thinking we do something fun after school."

"Like what?" She asked.

"Ughh," He thought, the two of them turning down a different hall as she was headed to her class and he was following, not even in the same class as her that period. "I don't walk 'round till we find something."

She too thought about it, it wasn't the most convincing since she had no idea where they planned on going, if she went. "You don't have hockey?"

"Nope." He popped the 'p' and turned, walking backward in front of her. "That's why we do something fun." He pointed finger guns at her. "Come on, this place gets boring."

"I know, tell me about it." She sighed. 

He began to laugh. "All you do is homework and read."

"Mhm," She nods, stopping the door to her classroom. "Like all you do is hockey."

"Banksie's got it worst than me. Even Charlie." He retorted. "I gotta go before you're late." 

Evangeline bit her lower lip, cheeks heating up from the casual way he acted around her even if their status had changed from friendship to relationship. 

Dean didn't forget to spin away from her with a last smack to her left cheek, since he'd been on her right, and the girl gasped. The excitement flowed through his veins as he was eager to see her reaction the second time around. He felt like Grinch stealing presents, utterly happy for something so small that brought him to a grin. 

She stared back at him as he put both hands up in surrender, laughing about it. "Throw me in jail and toss the key!" He shouted, almost a sing-song tone to his voice. "I've been a bad guy."