Chapter XVIII

.

.

.

"How many times has it been now...?" I asked myself while currently floating in a pitch-black, empty space. No sound, no people, just nothing. Only me, sinking deeper into the cold and dark abyss; with so many unwanted thoughts. And they all came from one person: John Doe.

"John... Why are you doing this to me...?"

What have I done to John to make him do this to me, how many times will I live the same experience with different outcomes...? Do we actually know each other and I just forgot about him? Even so, how could I ever forget him if it's true?

"John... What is it that you want from me...? What do you want me to do...?" What would I give to forget all the repeats, to forget everything, to see my dad and pops again? Going back to the normal life I hoped to live in.

"If you want something from me, just tell me..." I thought while pledging for John to tell me, but I knew that will never happen. And before I knew it, my eyes were now fully closed.

.

.

.

.

Beep.......

Beep.......

Beep.......

What was a peaceful sleep was now ruined by the sound of my alarm clock; I couldn't help but let out a deep sigh as I stretch my arm out and turned it off, allowing me to enjoy the silence in peace. It only lasts for a short minute though, since I am expected to be somewhere.

"What time is it?" I said as I took a good look at the time on the clock next to me. "Oh, I woke up on time. I should have enough time for a shower or a snack... Hmm... I think I'd rather get something to eat right about now. I'll shower when I get home from work."

Once I got up from bed, I changed into my work clothes and made my way towards the kitchen to make breakfast. And when that was done, I walked out of my apartment and hopped on a bus to work. During the trip, I came to realize that the bus wasn't filled with people like how it usually would be.

"The bus is emptier than usual. It's kind of lonely." I said to myself as my eyes looked at every empty seat. It didn't take long for me to drift out of focus and into my own world. Despite how empty the bus is, it was oddly peaceful, that was until I felt a pair of eyes watching me. It made me feel so uncomfortable that I turned my attention to the source.

"Oh, someone got on. He looks... Familiar." I thought as I stared at the stranger. There's not much to him in terms of describing; long messy black hair, a black shirt, and a hoodie, everything he is wearing is black. Even his nails. He also had this soft smile on him, it suited him but do I think his cute?

"... Yeah, he's pretty cute. Kind of plain though."

Even though I looked away from the stranger, I can still feel the stranger looking at me. Am I weirded out by it? Yes, but it doesn't fully bother me all that much. When it comes to my job, I've seen a lot of odd people. And speaking of which, the bus arrived at my stop.

"Alright... Time for work..." I thought while getting off the bus and entered into the gas station.

.

.

.