Harry And Belle 2 - Voldemort 0 (edited)

The ground under me was wet, and very cold. As i pushed myself up into a sitting position, i could just make out Ginny's red hair a few feet away, and the outlines of some large snake statues.

Torches flickered into life as footsteps approached and i could see a wide path leading to a pool of water and a large stone face.

"You were very good at keeping your secrets," a male voice made me jump, "But Ginny told me a lot."

"That's not supposed to be comforting is it?" i asked, looking up at what i guessed to be a sixth or seventh year Slytherin boy, "Because honestly it's a little more on the creepy side."

He scowled but i didn't care, too busy trying to make sense of what was going on. I had never seen this boy around Ginny before, but i'd already come to the conclusion that this was Tom who we'd been speaking to through the diary.

"You know a lot about Harry Potter, and now you're going to tell me everything."

"Forget creepy," i frowned, "That's full on paedophilia right there. Dude you need help."

"Watch your mouth little girl!" he snarled and i rolled my eyes.

"Kind of impossible, but what do you care about Harry for anyway? I'm sure there are plenty of other fish in the sea," i waved him off, then added, "You know, that are a more suitable age."

"I'm interested in that boy as i struggle to comprehend how a mere baby could defeat the greatest wizard who ever lived!"

I snapped my fingers, realisation hitting me like a slap in the face as i pointed at the boy, "Child Voldemort, am i right? I should have known, Tom Riddle, Heir of Slytherin and all." I got to my feet and backed away to put some space between us, "Man you have some ego on your shoulders, I'll give you that. Greatest wizard ever?" i scoffed, "I mean sure, if babies were non-existent. By the way," i glowered at him, "I got blamed for all your dumbass attacks! And could you be any more cliché? A snake, really?"

"Enough!" he snarled, "Despite the fact that you talk too much, you seem relatively intelligent. So you should already know it is in your best interests to do as i say."

"No need for flattery," i teased, "I'm actually pretty stupid. I've never been known to look out for my best interests. Amazing i'm still alive to be honest."

"Then you are lucky," he stated, "But you better start talking or that luck will quickly run out."

"Thirteen years lucky so far by your count," i shrugged, "I'll take my chances."

"So be it. Crucio!"

Surprised by the sudden pain tearing its way through my body, i let out a scream and my knees gave out beneath me. I had thought Daniel's punishments were bad but now they seemed like child's play.

It went on and on, leaving me with the impression that my mind, body and soul were being ripped into a million pieces and forcibly stuck back together, only to begin again. But i refused to talk, or even give him any tears – my screams had stopped too.

"I must say i'm impressed," the boy stated, "Many would have given in or gone insane within the second hour. For a child of your size to hold out against me . . . but no mater, your blood has started to run and soon so shall your words."

I remembered passing out from the pain, wondering if it would be my end. But now as i opened my eyes, i realised i was wrong. Instead, i met with a sight worse than Death. Harry was on the floor, in the path of a very large snake that the boy Voldemort was controlling.

Kill him! the boy snarled in a hissing voice i knew as Parseltongue.

No! I cried out in the same language, Leave him be!

Boy Voldemort had some kind of astonishment printed on his face as he looked at me, pulling my sore body up onto its knees. Harry shot me a relieved smile as he scampered a few feet from the Basilisk.

"You cannot command it!" the boy sneered, "It answers only to me!"

I grit my teeth, determined to show the brat he wasn't as good as he thought.

Not him! i hissed out as the snake went for Harry again, Behind you! Kill the one behind you!

And to my surprise, and also my relief, the Snake swerved over Harry's head and back toward Tom or child Voldemort or whatever i was meant to call him.

No! he panicked, eyes widening, The boy! Kill the Boy!

Kill that one! I screamed, but my jaw dropped as a glittery thing in Harry's hand distracted me. he had a bloody sword! "Have you had that this entire time?!"

"Now?!" Harry exclaimed as he dived away from the snake that was once again under boy Voldemort's control, "You want to do this now?!"

"Yes!"

But Harry had no time to tell me anything as the Snake went for him, as another curse hit me in the chest and i cried out in pain as the torture began, knocking me back into darkness.

-

"Belle, Belle!"

I woke up to being shook and before i could get any words out, i was hugged tightly by Harry, Ginny stirring beside me. Her eyes fluttered open then almost popped out of her skull when she remembered where we were.

"Harry - oh, Harry - I tried to tell you at b-breakfast, but I c-couldn't say it in front of Percy - it was me, Harry – and Belle but I - I s-swear we d- didn't mean to - R-Riddle made us, he t-took us over - and - how did you kill that - that thing? W-where's Riddle? The last thing I r- remember is him coming out of the diary-"

"It's all right," Harry kept a hold of me but showed her the bled out diary, "Riddle's finished. Look! Him and the basilisk. C'mon, Ginny, Belle, let's get out of here -"

"I'm going to be expelled!" Ginny wept as Harry helped her awkwardly to her feet, then put my arm around his shoulder, "I've looked forward to coming to Hogwarts ever since B-Bill came and n-now I'll have to leave and - w-what'll Mum and Dad say?"

We made our way towards the exit, I didn't take in any of the details until Ginny ran into Ron's arms, who was standing next to a memory-less Lockhart. Fawkes carried all of us back up to the school, and Ginny and I swayed on our feet.

Ron supported his sister while Harry threw my arm over his shoulder again. We followed Fawkes all the way to McGonagall's office. For a moment there was silence as Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart and I stood in the doorway, covered in muck and slime and (in mine and Harry's case) blood. Then there was a scream.

"Ginny!"

It was Mrs. Weasley, who had been sitting crying in front of the fire. She leapt to her feet, closely followed by Mr. Weasley, and both of them flung themselves on their daughter.

I smiled slightly and Harry sat me down in a chair near Dumbledore who was beaming at him, and next to him was Professor McGonagall, who was taking great, steadying gasps, clutching her chest. Fawkes went whooshing past Harry's ear and settled on Dumbledore's shoulder, just as Harry found himself and Ron being swept into Mrs. Weasleys tight embrace.

"You saved her! You saved her! How did you do it?"

"I think we'd all like to know that," said Professor McGonagall weakly.

Mrs. Weasley let go of Harry, and moved for me but I held my hands up weakly and she nodded. Harry hesitated for a moment, then walked over to the desk and laid upon it the Sorting Hat, the sword, and what remained of Riddle's diary. Then he started telling them everything. 

-