Chapter 18:

Karma

"Where else you going?" I ask Brandon as he drops me off at home.

We went out for breakfast with his mom and surprisingly it went well. She actually apologized. We'll never have the relationship that we had back in the day, but hopefully we can be cordial from here on out. For the sake of Brandon and her grandkids.

"Just to check in with my PO then coming back home."

"Okay. Hurry please." I said leaning over to kiss him.

"Alright. Have my pussy waiting."

I rolled my eyes smirking. "I gotchu." I said kissing him again before hopping out and going inside.

I went in our room turning on the air then taking off my jeans and laying down.

My phone rang while I was looking for something to watch on tv. I answered seeing it was Yani.

"Hey boo." I said.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing. I called you earlier to check on you and Z. He didn't answer my phone call earlier."

"I'm coo and he's doing okay considering. I'm at work right now tho and he's at the shop."

"Yall back together?" I ask.

"No."

"Oh okay, so did you tell him?"

"No."

"Yani!"

"I don't know how to tell him. He just lost a baby."

"You're going to have to tell him eventually."

"I know and I will."

"Soon Yani! So are yall ever gonna get back together?"

"Mmm, I don't know. He continuously mentioned it last night, but I'm not with it. Me being there for him as a friend and because I love him doesn't change anything. I'ma be there when he needs me regardless, but he broke my heart. I can't go thru that again. So as of now my answer is no. Until I actually believe and not just hope I can put my heart back out there, I'm not going to go there again." Yani said.

"I understand and don't blame you. Either way y'all are in each others life forever. Awh, I can't believe my Yani is preggos."

"Right." She said.

I talked to her a little longer before hanging up. Then I called Leah to see if she was still coming over.

"You need me to come get you?" I ask her.

"No Dom's here, he said he's gonna bring me."

"Oh okay. I know you gonna come through with some food so you better bring me some."

"I got you." She laughed. "What time you want me to come?"

"Whenever." I said.

"Okay, a couple hours then I guess. The girls there?"

"No they're with their grandma." I said as Brandon walked through the door placing a bag next to me.

"Awh I wanted to see them, okay tho. I'll text you when I'm on my way."

"Okay." I said before we hung up.

"Ooh you love me." I said looking into the bag to see he brought me three twixs and a sprite. "Thank you bae."

"You're welcome greedy ass." He said taking off his sneakers then shirt.

"Did you get the loc gel so I can fix ya dreads?" I ask him.