Chapter 40: Overworking

♡  Alaiya's POV:  ♡

A few months later:

"I'm on my way, I promise." I try to drive as fast as I can to get to the meeting.

No one told me how stressful it is writing a script.

Most of the time authors don't get input into these things so I am grateful, but it can be a little overwhelming. I have been running back and forth. Whether it's picking up Autumn from school or dropping her off, driving to a meeting, or trying to find a time when I can have a signing because some people really want them, but with having meetings almost every day and taking care of the kids, I literally have no time.

The meetings are basically us writing the script for the movie to give to the studio and pray that they accept it.

After hours of staying in this office room today, I'm fully exhausted. I can't even open my eyes any longer while I walk through the garage door.

"Hey." Roman walks up to me, but I'm too tired to respond.

I fall into his arms immediately, hoping he'll catch me, and if he doesn't, oh well. I'll sleep on the floor.

"I'm so tired!" I groan, the kind of three hours of sleep really not cutting it for me.

Note to self: Stop brainstorming ideas for a new book at three in the morning when Autumn has to be up at six, Dayton needs to get ready for the day, along with Aubrey, and you have to be at your meeting by eleven, and spend the entire day there. And this has been happening for days now.

"Baby, you told me you would sleep after sending Autumn to school." He kisses my head, picking me up effortlessly as my legs go around his waist.

He had to leave for work early this morning, so he didn't get a lot of sleep either which I feel bad for since I was the one who wasn't tired. He, although, doesn't look as tired as I do. Maybe it's because of the nightmares that's kept him up in the past for nights in a row or maybe it's because he's perfect and can never look bad.

"I didn't get time," I mumble into his neck.

"Okay, I'll put the kids to bed while you go sleep." He begins to take me to our room.

I shake my head. "No, I'll help you and then we'll go to bed together. It's not fair for you to do that if we got the same amount of sleep."

"Alaiya, you're practically already unconscious."

I realize my eyes are shutting as he says that.

"I'm not letting you stay up any later. Go to sleep. I'll be with you in about an hour."

How did we get to our bed? Did he teleport because I did not feel us moving for that long? That has to be the reason.

I fall into my pillow and my eyes begin to shut instantly.

"Alaiya, you have makeup on and you're going to kill my ass if I didn't tell you to take it off."

I physically cannot sleep when I have makeup on. It makes my face feel heavy. Plus, I always break out. Although, right now, I'll take the risk.

No. Get up, Alaiya.

"Okay," I try not to doze off.

Roman scoops me up, taking me to the restroom. I get set down on the counter, the bright lights blinding my half-shut eyes.

I groan in annoyance, digging my face into Roman's chest as a shield.

Maybe I'll deal with the breakout.