Chapter 56

Enjoy Reading...

***********************************

Siya woke up from her sleep, feeling difficulty breathing and suddenly feeling hot. She looks around the room to find her mother, but she is not there. The lights are switched off, making the room a little dark. Her chest is moving up and down rapidly. She tried to take a long puff of air to fill her lungs. Her face and neck are completely red and sweaty, and her whole body is burning as if someone set her on fire.

Quickly getting down from the bed, she walked towards the washroom, holding the wall for support with her trembling legs. Falling on her knees in front of the toilet, she started throwing up while holding her stomach, which was twisting in pain.

She kept throwing up until there was nothing left inside her. She starts crying when she can't stand on her legs. She finally got on her feet on her fifth attempt, but dizziness took over her senses. Coming out of the bathroom, she sat on the floor beside the washroom door, completely drained. She didn't even have the strength to call out for help. She closed her eyes, resting her head on the nightstand. Her body is shaking like a leaf from head to toe.

Feeling uneasy and hot, she took the jug filled with water and poured it on herself. As the cold water touches her hot skin, she feels better for a while before the heat returns. Suddenly, she felt her phone under her palm on the nightstand. Taking it swiftly, she decided to call her mother to help her. But due to her blurry vision, she called Ruhaan instead of Pratibha.

Siya flinched badly as the door was slammed open by Pratibha, and the phone slipped from her hand. She started sobbing while breathing heavily, seeing Pratibha's panicked face running towards her.

"Siya...oh God, Jaan, what happened?" Pratibha sat on her knees in front of her and held her face between her palms. Siya tried to say something, but her breathing didn't let her. "Don't talk, Bachcha. Calm down. Try to breathe." Pratibha caressed her face lovingly while crying silently, seeing her uneven and rapid breathing.

Suddenly, the ground slips under her feet, and a trail of blood comes out of Siya's nose. Her eyes shifted to her dropping eyes. Not knowing what to do, she patted her cheeks, not letting her close her eyes. Pratibha's eyes moved around the room in panic when her eyes fell on the phone beside Siya. Quickly dialling the emergency number, she asked for medical help as soon as possible.

In her shock, she didn't even notice she put Ruhaan's call on hold. Pratibha wiped the blood that was flowing out of Siya's nose with her saree pallu. Suddenly, they heard the loud noise of something falling on the floor.

Siya turned her face slowly towards the door, and a weak yet beautiful smile formed on her face, seeing the person at the door looking at her with many emotions.

'Ruhaan Ji,' A soft whisper comes out of her throat but is inaudible to the people present in the room.

*************************

Sara came out of Ruhaan and Siya's room, looking here and there in fear. Finally reaching her room, she slips on the ground. Pulling her knees to her chest, she hid her face and started crying as the cruel and bitter words of her mother started to echo inside her head.

She cries to her heart's content.

Suddenly, her cry stopped as a thought stuck in her mind. Wiping her face, she quickly stood up and started searching in her bag. She let out a sad smile, finally getting what she was searching for. Looking at the bottle of pills with determination, she opened the lid with her shivering hands. Taking the handful of pills in her hand, she kept looking at them.