I Owe You The Moon

Ponyboy was currently Scrubbing items in the bathtub of his and Johnny's motel room. Johnny was traumatized and Ponyboy just wanted to get this over with now. No time for emotions, there was a dead body in their hands.
The only thing Ponyboy wished for, is that if someone did end up finding Curly's body, for the love of anything, do NOT let it be children. Stand By Me really reflected on what that could do to a child and the murderer. Ponyboy didn't relate to the killer in that movie, though.

Pony never liked to see himself as a troubled kid. His parents were dead, but he felt like he was really on his feet right now... He had a lot going for him. But, if anyone ever found out, it was all behind him now. He could have claimed self-defense, but it was too brutal of a stabbing to brush off that way.

Some of the things he was scrubbing seemed easier to just get rid of instead of going through all of this trouble. He wouldn't be able to just throw it out, either. He would have to burn all of it. Ponyboy sighed with all of his scrubbing. All of these tools could be cleaned off, though. Ponyboy got out of the tub and got naked, all of these clothes had to go. He washed his hand and left the bathroom with a towel wrapped around him. He put on different clothes again and went back to the bathroom. Johnny, his boyfriend, was fast asleep in his bed. He was a sleepy baby after all the trauma he had to endure this evening.

Ponyboy felt bad for how he had spoken to Johnny before. He didn't want the older male male to be scared of him. Hopefully things will pan out okay.

...

Ponyboy ended up taking everything to the lot and burning it in a barrel. He let it burn and left it there. Maybe some homeless person would come along and be happy to find some sort of heat source. They didn't care where it came from, and it was better that they didn't know the reason why the fire was there. All he could hope was that no one would put it out while he was gone. Not saying Ponyboy was coming back.

He lugged himself all the way home an hour later. He cleaned himself up again and got into bed with his boyfriend. Johnny was his safe haven... he looked so soft, innocent, and young while asleep. It was precious. Ponyboy was comforted just by watching Johnny sleep.

Ponyboy snuggled close to his sleeping boyfriend and closed his eyes. He felt like his heart could finally rest.

"I love you... Words can't describe how thankful I am for you. You saved me from going through the pain again. I owe you my life."

Fin~