38. Private plane

Two days after the last chapter...

• THALIA •

"Why is it this much hard work to just get out of this house?" Rich asks, I'm guessing rhetorically, he's in a mood with all of us because everyone's taking forever to load their baggage into the cars

Yesterday I went to the local shopping centre with Gio, Matteo, Dom and his girl. Rich gave me his black card. I don't think I'll ever be in possession of as much money as I was in that moment. It felt like I had some sort of golden egg in my pocket.

I tried to buy the necessities but the boys weren't having it. They told me to go crazy. Soooo... I did. I went crazy. I'm not sure how much I spent. But I think I'll sleep easier without knowing the total cost of my spree.

Now I've got a phone and I got added to the group chat.

It steel feels so surreal.

Me - Thalia - was added to a family group chat. Am I dreaming?

Matteo put my name as convictKid🦹‍♀️

I thought they weren't paying attention to my maid of honour speech. But then Nadine told me that after the ceremony she told the whole family, in detail, about how we met.

"Out out out!" Rich yells at Nadine and I, pointing towards the door. He ushers us out of the house.

"Wait, I forgot my heart pillow." Nadine says turning forwards the front door.

"It's fine, you can buy another one." Rich tells her.

We reach the front driveway and Nadine goes over to Bennu's Porsche. He puts her last suitcase into the boot and then they both climb in.

"Wait, who am I going with?" I ask Rich.

"There's space in Dom's car." He says, "or you can kick one of the boys out of any car you want."

I laugh, "I'll go with Dom."

I walk over to Dom's all-black McLaren. I put my suitcase in the boot and then clim in the back seat.

Just as I get in, I see Dom take his hand off of a girls thigh.

"Did you really have to choose this fucking car?" He groans.

I roll my eyes, "don't sound too excited."

Just as I slouch back onto the leather seat, a blonde girl turns round to look at me from the front passenger seat. "Hi, I'm May." She smiles.

I smile back, "hey, girl. I'm Thalia."

"Nice to meet you. Ignore this douchebag."

I laugh, "already forgotten his name."

The cars parked in front of Dom start driving towards the front gate. He starts driving behind them.

40 minutes later...