Ch 626: Mostima's Anima Gemella

After a couple of hours passed of them driving through the desert's dunes, Lin Ye saw Laterano just ahead of them.

When he saw the gate that led to the city, Lin Ye knew this was one of the most influential places in Terra. Their gates were like Lungmen, the gates to Yan, a nation that lived for years to get where they were now.

As Steward was talking with the people guarding the entrance of the city, Lin Ye used this time to look up more about this city.

After doing some quick searches on the internet Lin Ye's opinion of the city changed. At first, he thought they were Italy but after reading about them they were too small to be considered that. Lin Ye remembered that back on Earth, there was a small city that was near Italy that was similar to how Laterano.

It was the size of a city and its name started with a "V"

What was their name again?

Va-. Vato?

However, Lin Ye did not have the time to think about this as Steward was now driving through the streets of Laterano. Lin Ye looked through the window and saw how the city looked.

There was one thing Lin Ye could say about them based on what he is looking at now.

Lateran seemed to have an obsession with the colour white.

Their building seemed to follow some type of rule or something as they were all coloured the same shade of bright white. Although there were some variations about them, like a couple of splashes of colour here and there, Lin Ye's eyes were starting to get hurt with how white this place was.

It was... too clean.

Strange but this was not his world so who was he to judge their strange tastes in architecture?

Tearing away from the odd choice of buildings, Lin Ye saw people walking inside the streets. As he expected, Lin Ye saw a lot of halos flying above people's heads as they went about their daily life. Not saying Sankta were the only race that he saw in the city. Like Adnachiel.

Lin Ye's eyes did see people that shared similar traits with Olivia and Ptilopsis. Some cat and dog ears could be seen in the river of people.

Looking away from the crowd, Lin Ye also noticed something odd about Laterano.

As with the colour white, they were also obsessed with sweets.

Maybe even more with how many stores were here.

No matter where he looked, there would be at least one store that was related to dessert type of things.

"So this is Laterano, huh?" He said to himself as his eyes were still on the people that they were driving passed, "Seems like how you said it would be. They sure do like their sweets."

Adnachiel knew that Lin Ye was talking to him as he chuckled at his comment.

"Glad that you think so, Doctor." He hummed as he went to the outside side of the city, "I like to think that most people from Laterano are kind and cheery people."

Lin Ye went to the pole that he knew was from this city. If what Adnachiel told him was right, that meant that Exusiai was what most people in this city were like.

That was a concerning thought. A really concerning thought

Don't get him wrong, Exusiai was a good person.

However, she did have some flaws in her. She had some type of switch in emotion. One second, she was her bubbly self and then – Boom – Exusiai was angsty all of a sudden. It was tough for Lin Ye to navigate through her mood swings. That and she did try to scam him the first time they met.