10

"Don't you have that attitude with me young lady!" Schlatt exclaimed looking to his now fourteen year old "daughter"

She groaned in annoyance as she walked to the kitchen, Schlatt did not appreciate it. Why did Charlie and Ted be leave him alone with this thing?!

"I don't appreciate how your reacting Y/N" Schlatt spoke as those words seem to tip he over the edge. "I don't care! You have no say on how I act, you're not my real dad!" She yelled as the room went quiet.

Schlatt froze at the words. Hurt. Shocked.

"Go to your room. Now." Schlatt spoke  as Y/N looked to him confused "Go! You're grounded!" His face in hands as she did so with a grumble.

He heard the room door slam as he sighed.

Tears filled his eyes slightly, however he had to appreciate that boldness and anger..definitely his kid.

Schlatt took a seat on the couch trying to recall what would cause the outburst.

Did he do something? He wasn't sure. I mean he ate the last cookie but that was all!

Soon the front door opened and in came Charlie and Ted.

They immediately knew something was off as they noticed Schlatt slouched, upset on the couch and Y/N no where to be scene.

"Hope you two had fun on your little date" Schlatt grumbled before getting up and going to his room. His streaming room that was.

Ted and Charlie looked to eachother worried, "You talk to Schlatt, I'll talk to Y/N" Charlie spoke worried.

Ted nodded as they made their way up the stairs and to the rooms.

Charlie carefully knocked on her room door and softly turned the knob. "Y/N, is everything alright? Did something happen between you and Pops?"

She turned over to look to her Dad and frowned, "I guess we got into a fight, I dunno" Y/N mumbled as Charlie took a seat on her bed.

"Talk to me" Charlie smiled as you sat up, "We had an argument about my 'attitude' then he gets mad at me for getting upset with him!" Y/N huffed into her hands. "Then obviously I get upset, because who wouldn't!...but insaid something to him..I regret" she frowned.

"I don't wanna apologize because he'll probably be even more upset" she rambled as Charlie raised a brow, "What did you say?" 

She was quiet for a moment before looking away from her dad, "I..said he wasn't my..real dad.." she mumbled as Charlie froze.

He looked shocked "I don't know what caused me to burst out like that and I feel awful" she explained "Hell he grounded me over it so.."

Charlie was speechless as Y/N looked back to him "Is that how you feel about all of us?" He questioned as she shook her head.

"I see you all as my dad's" she responded "I guess it was just an outburst"

"I think you should apologize to your Pops, he was probably really hurt by what you said" Charlie responded as you nodded "Yeah..I should do that"

~

"They said what??" Ted felt his stomach drop as he looked to Schlatt who was head in hands. "I mean I get it, I'm not her real dad but..it stung yknow," "That's because you helped raise her Schlatt" Ted pointed out as Schlatt shrugged.

Ted took a moment before placing a kiss to Schlatts head, "I'm sure she didn't mean it, I mean, you gotta admit she gets her angry and emotions from you" this caused Schlatt to chuckle, "Yeah I guess, I probably shouldn't have berated he for having an attitude either, it's bound to happen" Schlatt groaned.

"She's growing up Ted! She's a teen now I don't like it" Schlatt frowned as Ted perked up at the realization "Oh no.." Ted gasped "What?" "No! NO! We can't just..she can't do that!" He frowned as their was a small knock on the door.

"Come in" Schlatt called as the door carefully opened. There stood Charlie and Y/N, "Pops..I uh..I wanna apologize for what I said.." she spoke quietly as Schlatt got up and walked up to her.

She looked to the ground as Schlatt chuckled "Chin up kid, come on" he opened his arms as she gladly accepted before crying.

Charlie looked to Ted as he silently agreed, the two of them left the room to give the other two time to talk.

Sniffling, Y/N wipped her eyes as Schlatt smiled, "Now, I should also apologize, I realize now you probably reacted that way because your, one, like me and two, you're growing up, you bound to get moody"

She laughed at this statement as Schlatt picked her up and smiled "How about Ice cream before dinner kid?" Y/N gasped, "Dad and Papa wouldn't approve of that" she smiled as Schlatt smirked.

"That's why you got your ol' Pops" he spoke as she smiled and agreed, "I'll be the distraction and you grab the ice cream!" "That's a deal kid!" Schlatt exclaimed as they went downstairs.