40. Sun cream

• THALIA •

"You were... shit." Matteo doesn't fail to remind me as we climb onto the boat deck.

We went jet skiing, and it was... eventful, to say the least.

I mean who even finds it hard to drive a jet ski?

Me, I do. It's embarrassing, give me a break.

"Have fun?" An enthusiastic Rich asks with a plate of toast in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other. I think this is the first time I've seen him not wearing a suit.

"Be careful, Nikolai might come for you if he knows you've got orange juice." Matteo warns.

"Yes, well Nikolai needs to learn what the word share means." Rich replies.

Me and Matteo laugh at his words, "yes dad, you tell him."

"Tell him what?" Nikolai asks appearing out of god knows where. Before we can answer him, he spots the drink in his Dads hand. "Dad, where you get that OJ? Can I have a sip?"

Me and Matteo start creasing, we're holding our stomach because we're laughing too hard.

"No, son. Because you'll run off with my drink like you always do."

"I won't," Nik groans in response.

"Sure," Rich pats his son on the back and walks off.

Nikolai rolls his eyes and walks off in the opposite direction.

"Well then, baby T. You were shit but that's okay. I'm gonna go get some lunch but let's go scuba diving after, hopefully you'll be a tad better." Matt blows me a kiss jokingly and saunters off, his hair dripping onto the deck.

I climb the stairs onto the next level then proceed to climb another flight of stairs so that I'm on the very top level of the yacht.

I walk over to the sun loungers and sit down on one, grabbing some sun cream (factor 50) that is on a little side table I squirt some all over me.

Just when I'm about to attempt to try out some on my back, a waiter comes over. "Can I offer you a drink, miss?"

I take a second to really take in and process this man's features. He's beautiful, and fit. I can see a neck tattoo creeping out of his white collar. He tilts his head slightly as though he knows I'm checking him out. He probably is aware, I'm not a master at checking people out secretly. I don't even mean to do it. "The drink, miss?"

He doesn't fail to keep eye contact, I think he's finding this amusing. "Just a coke, please."

"Course," he smirks and turns to go back to the bar.

"Wait!"

He turns around again, a knowing smile on his face.

"I'll just come get it at the bar," I tell him.