41. Talking heads

• THALIA •

"How do you feel about what just occurred?" A man asks me from behind a massive camera

I'm currently sat on a sofa doing something called a 'talking head' or something like that.

I remember watching the Next Step and wondering what they were called. Kind of surreal I'm doing one now.

I start speaking into the camera, kind of awkwardly, I don't know how YouTubers do it in public. Crazy if you ask me. And not my cuppa tea.

"Uhm, well... personally, I don't think I did anything wrong. Dom said himself that he would have said no if I asked him to put sun cream on my back for me. And I couldn't be arsed to walk down the stairs so I asked the fucking waiter. Is that a crime? No, it isn't. Dom is just always searching for something or someone to be mad about and when he caught the waiter kinda straddling me, he saw it as an excuse to get mad."

"Are you mad at Dominique?"

"Kinda. And not because he punched the waiter. He called me a bitch so I'm kinda happy about it. Don't tell Dom! But more so because he said he wouldn't help me out sun cream on. So fuck him."

"Do you think you could have just gone downstairs and asked someone to do it for you? Or the do it yourself?"

"Could have, yes. But I didn't. So Dom can do one."

"Thank you, Thalia." One of the film crew says and I take that as my queue to leave.

When I open the door and exit the room, I see an angry looking Don slouching against the wall. "Thanks for telling me to do one." He smiles bitterly.

I smile, "your welcome."

He flips me off and then goes into the room I was just in.

I decide to go and find someone to hang out with.

Just as I turn a corner, I bump into somebody. "Oh my god, sorry sorry sorry!"

The person laughs. It's a girl.

I look up and a pair of brown eyes are staring back at me. A pair of brown eyes which I have never seen before. "Hello." I tell her.

She smiles, "hey, Im Stella. Haven't had a chance to talk to you yet."

I smile back trying to act as collected as possible, "Hi, Im Thalia and I do not remember seeing you on the plane...? Is that bad?"

She laughs, "No no! I got here this morning."

"Ah, cool. Your..."

"Nik's mate."

I open my mouth to form an O shape. "Ohhhh"

She smiles, "yeah. It's cool to meet you though. Have some more girls around."

"Definitely. The masculine energy tends to suffocate me a lot."