44. "I'll be there home."

Chapter Forty Four

Elena's POV

Adonis and I were back living at the Stavrakos mansion. While Mom was at the Pallis mansion with grandpa. She had a vegetable garden and two dogs, who keep her occupied.

Adonis and I were engaged. But we decided to postponed our wedding until our baby would be born.

One evening, we were having dinner when we discussed the name of our baby boy.

"Milton, Earl, Blake, Tony, Donald," I suggested.

"No... no... no..." Adonis kept on shaking his head. "A name that is very masculine. Like Caleb, Hardin, Zion, Enrique..."

"No way! They're like romance fiction characters," then an idea popped up, "how about Sebastian, from a martyred Christian Saint. What do you think?"

"I like Sebastian. That suits better with Stavrakos."

"Sebastian Stavrakos. Wow," My heart got filled with joy, and suddenly I yelped, "Ouch!"

"Are you okay?"

"He just kicked me again so hard."

"Oh. Is it very painful every time he kicks you?"

"A bit," I wrinkled her nose, "but I don't mind. I'm happy that he's alive and kicking."

"Of course," he leaned closer to me. He was amazed to see my tummy in waves as our baby moved, "I want to feel him." He knelt in front of me, and I put his hand on my tummy.

Adonis was overwhelmed with happiness when the baby kicked his hand. Tears of joy fell down on his cheeks. He hugged me and kissed my tummy.

__

I was on my term when we were home watching a movie on Netflix. He gave me a foot massage after our short walk.

"My back hurts, my legs are swollen... it's getting harder to sleep," I turned on my right side, can't get a good position.

"Just a little bit more, honey. Sebastian can't even wait to come out."

"I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that it's not easy being pregnant."

"I know, babe. And I love you more each day for being so brave, patient and calm in handling the situation."

"Really?" He always made me feel good.

"Of course, my love," he rubbed his thumb on the middle of my foot.

"That feels so nice. Oh... um... harder Adonis, Ahh..." I moaned with pleasure.

He stopped and stared at me. I could see his eyes turned so dark with passion.

"You're turning me on," his lips twisted in disappointment.

"Are you?" I gave him a confused expression.

"Don't play innocent, Elena. Stop provoking me."

"I swear, I'm not doing such thing." I snatched my foot from him.

He tsked and laughed, then he grab my foot again, "that's the problem. You're not aware you're doing it."

"Ah—ah... um..." I moaned aloud, biting my lower lip.

"There you go again. Stop it, Elena," he scolded me.

"Adonis... ah-ah..." I was crying with pain now, "I think the baby's coming."

Adonis' POV

I was in the hospital room, sitting at Elena's bedside, staring at her form, sleeping peacefully like an angel.

Fatigue overwhelmed her after six hours of labor. Oh God, she had so much pain, and she bear them all bravely. I was so proud of her, though she was not so patient, shifted mood easily from calm to hysterical and angry... despite that, I salute her for overcoming the hardship of labor.

I was with her all the time, to comfort her, give her courage, and praise her for successfully delivering our baby boy, Sebastian.

I'm so proud of her for bearing them all. She's absolutely amazing, and I love her a million times today than the days that passed by.

I had varied emotions all mixed up. There was this moment of feeling so relieved happily, for Elena, that her unbearable pain was over, and reassurance that she and our baby was safe.

Tears of joy filled my eyes the moment I first met Sebastian. I was so amazed, and a little stunned too. The experience of seeing him delivered to the world was like a miracle. When I cut the umbilical cord of Sebastian, I felt an utmost happiness, that me as the father, was involved in the birthing process.

My head turned to Sebastian, sleeping calmly in the transparent medical crib.

I remembered, when I held Sebastian in my arms, I got overwhelmed with love and affection for him. He was so cute, and small, like an angel. The urge to protect and take care of him was so strong.

Except for his dark auburn hair, he was a little replica of me. He had this stubborn chin like mine when I was a baby. His eyes were dark, a hint of gray or blue. It would likely change as he grew older.

Elena stirred and opened her eyes.

"Adonis?" her hand reached out and touched the side of my face.

I held her hand, and kissed her palm, "you're so amazing."

She smiled a little, "you are, too. You're the best coach ever. I couldn't have done it easily without you."

I got teary-eyed again.

"It was a wonderful moment, I'm glad I was with you and Sebastian," I squeezed her hand a little, "I'm so proud of you Elena."

Tears welled in her eyes, then she turned to Sebastian, with a lovely smile on her lips, "I was so tired already, I did not have any energy..." her eyes returned to me, "but you were there, holding my hand. You motivated me."

"I'm here, always by your side Elena."

We talked about baby Sebastian as we observed him sleeping on his crib. We were very proud parents, we could not believe that our little bundle of joy was with us already.

I'll take care of her and Sebastian, love them with all my heart. I'll be there home. And they'll be my world, till the day I die.

--

In the evening, my parents and Elena's mom, came in the hospital. They were very excitement and laughter filled the room when they met Sebastian. They could not stop talking how wonderful and beautiful he was.

Mom and Celine bonded well, as they talked about each other's life. Celine was very open about her illness and how she fought hard to survive it. Mom shared her favorite topic, which was history and our robotic project.