Chapter 32: Celebration Preparation

"Alright then... We have Tabantha wheat, apples and wild berries, honey..." Prima muttered to herself as she looked through the cabinets of the dining hall. "All enough for this weekend... except for rice? I swear I had enough; when did I use so much—  Ah, right. Those two."

With a grumble, Prima turned around to see Celessa sitting in her favorite chair in the back of the hall near the window, happily drinking a mug of recently prepared Hylian Ale. The clerk sighed.

"I can't be upset. I'm the one who made them," she mumbled before loudly adding, "Celessa! That's your last drink for the next few days."

"What? Why?" Celessa called back.

"Because you've had too much," Prima said, closing the cabinet doors. "You and Jules both have."

"It's because it's cold out!" Celessa whined with reddened cheeks. "Alcohol warms the chest. You know this."

"I also know that we have a weekend and a birthday coming up in the next few days," Prima countered. "You can drink more then. It's a good thing I checked our ingredients before letting you two run wild."

"But... Then how am I supposed to stay warm?" Celessa asked, furrowing her brow in concern.

"Easy. You make that drink you have there last as long as possible," Prima said as she headed for the lobby. "That or you could finally change out of those shorts and into some pants."

"Aw, but I look good in these..." Celessa quietly complained as she brought her mug to her lips, choosing to take a much smaller sip than the ones before.

Rolling her eyes, she passed through the doorframe and into the lobby, where she placed her hands on her hips and looked around.

"Teli? Where are you?" she called loudly, which gained a groan in response.

"What?" a man's groggy voice called back from upstairs.

"It's past noon, so get up," Prima said, turning her attention to the staircase that led to the second floor.

"What are you? My wife?" Teli called back in the same groggy voice.

"You wish. Now get up, I need your help down here," Prima answered sternly.

"That wish is sounding a lot like reality right now," Teli said. "Besides, don't I pay to be here? I can get up when I want."

"Aren't you a merchant?" Prima asked. "I thought your kind was supposed to be diligent?"

"Yes, and we're also calculating and intelligent," he answered back. "Like knowing when we need sleep to regain our energy and–in my case at least— keep our dashing looks."

"Teli, you only want to stay in bed because of how much you drank last night; drinks that I provided, mind you," Prima scolded, folding her arms. " If you want to keep getting more drinks, then get up and get down here. I need your help."

"Fine! Fine," Teli shouted irritably. "I'm coming, just— Hold on."

After a few moments of rustling, the silver-haired merchant appeared. With a yawn, he made his way down the staircase before stopping in front of Prima. With a dead look in his eyes, he glared at her.

"All right, what is it?" he asked.

"I need you to go out and clean the stalls–" Prima began, but Teli had already started turning around. Immediately, she grabbed his arms.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Back up the stairs in order to sleep more," Teli responded instantly.