28

"Here." Colby said and reached his arm back, handing me a bag of food. I grabbed it but put it to the side, not feeling hungry at all.

In fact I felt so sick that I was about to use the bag to throw up into it.

"Will is locking everything down." Jeremy said to Colby as I hugged myself, looking out the window.

We had been driving for hours and I still had no idea where we were going. I assumed we were going to Seattle but I didn't know if Colby would be so obvious.

These people who were after him knew enough about him to know about me.

Colby and I haven't spoken in years and they still knew that their ticket to him was through me.

They probably knew where he lived.

"Great." Colby said as I shivered. My whole body was aching and I was seriously concerned that something was wrong with me but we didn't have time.

For whatever reason, the thing we were doing was time restricted.

"You're quiet back there. Everything okay?" Colby asked and looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"You know the answer to that." I mumbled as he sighed. "Try eating something. Might make you feel more normal." He suggested as I shook my head.

I was getting flashbacks to when he took me in the first place.

I remembered being crammed in the back seat with Jake and Corey. Colby kept trying to get me to eat but I refused.

I guess some things never change.

We drove for a couple more hours before Colby pulled up to my old drug dealer's house.

Was this idiot buying drugs?

I actually could use some right about now.

"Take this back to base. Change the plates. Lock down." Colby said to Jeremy and got out of the car.

He opened my door then nudged his head back. "Come on." He said and took a step back so I could get out of the car.

I gasped at the pain in my hips, holding onto the door for stability.

The seat belt I was wearing must have fucked me up because it hurt so bad.

"Here." Colby said and held his hands out so I could take them. "I'm fine." I said and shook my head, standing up straight again.

"Fine." He said then turned to walk to his car. I followed behind him slowly, trying to hide the pain as best as I could.

Everything hurt so fucking bad.

"Maybe we can get me some pain pills while we're here." I said and got in the passenger's seat of Colby's car.

"No." Colby said and started the car. "You don't control me." I huffed as he nodded. "Correct but we don't have the time. Plus we used our last narcan on you." He said and started driving.

"I won't overdose, asshole." I grumbled. "You're really gonna be mean like this after I saved your ass?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I saved your ass thank you very much." I said and crossed my arms. "How so? By riding that idiot like a fucking bull?" He asked as I laughed.

"Yeah, while your dumb ass was getting knocked out by a hand gun." I said as he rolled his eyes.

"Wouldn't have been down there at all if it wasn't for you." He said as I nodded. "You also wouldn't have found your criminal." I said as he looked around.