chapter 60.

lx.

JUNGWON:
Hey, where are you

MIRA:
Just arrived, why??
read, 07:08 AM.

MIRA is typing...

"Looks like your boyfriend is coming to collect you," Jeon Suna stated as he sucked on the now-melted banana-flavored freeze pop. "That's my cue to leave. Wouldn't want to witness you both hugging in front of me. Again," Suna added, enunciating the last word. It wasn't like he despised couples since he also wished to be in a relationship, but he was too unlucky with his one-sided love.

Mira stopped typing as she looked up from her phone, finding Jungwon jogging toward them. The Jeon siblings had just arrived not too long ago when she received the text message. It kind of puzzled her— supposedly because he never questioned her whereabouts when they were at school before.

The word 'boyfriend' had been circling her mind a lot. After that day, Jungwon and Mira never talked about their status. Perhaps talking about it was not necessary for they got their answers from the way they acted toward one another, regardless, the girl still wanted confirmation.

Jungwon looked like he recently arrived as well judging from how he still had his bag slung over his shoulder. Normally, students would leave their belongings in their classrooms before hanging out in the corridors or the center courtyard while waiting for the bell to ring. In a swift, the boy grabbed her wrist before leaving her brother behind.

Jeon Mira looked up at the gloomy grey sky above as she was being pulled by Jungwon. The air felt cool and windy against her skin, a minor indication that rain was approaching. She hoped it won't last an entire day or else she wouldn't be able to go home. Mira should have listened to her father when he informed her to bring an umbrella.

She faced forward when her view was replaced by a white ceiling, and her eyes shifted back to Jungwon's nape. His mullet was still present, but it had been trimmed off. It was shorter now, but it still looked cute. Oh God, she was going crazy, admiring the back of his neck. Her hand tapped one side of her warm cheek, trying to cool herself down not knowing the boy was silently watching.

"Uh, Jungwon? Do you mind telling me where we're going—" Her sentence was cut short when he raised a hand, silencing her.

Jungwon peeked from around the corner before sighing. Walking past a bunch of classrooms was required for him to reach his classroom. Not to mention, there were a lot of junior students walking around. The male bit his lower lip, a mini-debate happening in his mind until a tug of his uniform made him speak, "Mi, wait. Be quiet. It might alert her of your presence," He whispered.

Hearing this, Mira blinked confusedly. "Her? Do you mean Kyeri?"

"Don't say her name," Jungwon warned, narrowing his eyes on the girl standing beside him. He peered from behind the wall again, finding the corridor almost empty with fewer juniors now. He particularly looked around for Jang Kyeri, not seeing her anywhere.

"You know you don't have to worry, right?" Mira attempted to assure him. "You'd still be the boy I'd choose from a hundred people, Won."

Cheeks flushed and red-eared, Jungwon's chest squeezed. Literally. He was too flustered to even do anything. "W-what?" He met her eyes, scrutinizing her expression, "You can't just say that with a straight face."

Mira tilted her head innocently to the side, unable to perceive his utterances. She scratched the spot behind her ear and smiled regardless, attempting to speak once more only to be caged between his arms and the wall the next second. Her words came to a halt as she stared at him in surprise.

Yang Jungwon leaned down, urging Mira to instinctively back away despite the minimum space.

He stared at her, unable to grasp or process every word she just said. It felt like she spoke in a foreign language, making his mind go completely blank. Mira stiffened in his hold, obviously caught off-guard by his bold action. His face only seemed to draw nearer the more she stared at him, and she didn't know if it was her mind playing tricks on her or if he really was moving closer.

Her question was answered when soft lips were pressed on her forehead. Her eyes shut tightly and she swore her heart just thumped faster. When Jungwon pulled away, he avoided her gaze. Mira didn't have time to remark when the boy resumed dragging her toward their classroom quickly, ignoring the unbothered second-year pupils.

-

A cough was produced by one of the students.

It was no ordinary cough though, it was the I-know-something-you-don't type of cough and it was voiced right after Jungwon and Mira entered the classroom at the same time. The male student who sat in the front seat eyed the two students in amusement before he started coughing again, trying to hint at his friends.

A smack on the arm was delivered, "Dude, what's wrong with you? If you're sick stay home then," His germophobe friend covered his nose, waving the air around him as if it would clear the bacteria. He brought out the antiseptic spray.

"If I could show you I would, but it was kinda your fault you didn't come with me when I went to get drinks," He rolled his eyes, looking back at the two well-known students.

"Aw, can't you tell us? I'm curious," One of his female friends from the group stated, sipping on her lemonade water. "What did you see?"

"Well—"

The classroom door slammed open revealing a familiar teacher whom all the Daehwi students loved. Ms. Jeon sauntered in holding a stack of paper that almost blocked her vision as she quickly apologized for the sudden slam of the door. The papers were placed severely on the teacher's table as the woman breathed out a sigh of relief, rolling her shoulders to ease the pain.

"Students— Oh, thank you Taehyun for closing the door. Anyway, your biology teacher, Mr. Eun, is absent today so I will be supervising you," Ms. Jeon Jiheon informed with a smile. She opened her phone and scrolled through her messages, "Mr. Eun said there will be a partner project about genetics in which you will spin two coins simultaneously to list down which side is dominant and which side is recessive for the spermatozoa and ovum experiment," She read out before smacking the top of the stack of papers.

"And this is where the papers come in. Class president, stand up and give these to your classmates," Jiheon instructed. "I will give an example of how this works. I need two students to come up so let's take the couple in this class to not make things awkward. Jungwon and Mira?"

The said boy lost control over the papers when his name was called. A few dropped smoothly to the ground as he stared at his chemistry teacher with wide eyes. He could feel everybody's gazes turning slowly but surely not only on him but also Mira.