CHAPTER NINETEEN

Love is a beautiful thing. It is wonderful to witness it grow between two people. Being with someone that loves you in so many ways but all of them are genuine and true. I am blessed to have someone to love and for them to love me back wholeheartedly and today I get to witness my two best friends tie the knot.

Gigi and Bryce are two people I never imagined ever becoming a thing. I remember how shocked I was when I walked in on them that day, and a year later they are getting married.

The ceremony is beautiful. My best friend looks like a princess and Bryce is her prince charming. There is not a dry eye as they say their vows to each other and through my teary eyes, I glance at my husband who sits in the front row.

A smile slowly appears on his lips, and he mouths an "I love you" to me. My eyes crinkle as I smile back and mouth the same sentiment to him. The roar of the guests applauding the couple's officiating kiss breaks us apart.

"We're married!" Gigi loudly booms as she and Bryce walk down the aisle together.

Lex walks over to me and I immediately sink into his arms. "That was beautiful," I exclaim through sniffles. He hands me a handkerchief from his pocket.

"Thank you." I say and wipe my tears, careful not to smudge my makeup.

"Are you ready for the reception?" He asks.

I nod.

A mischievous smile tugs at his beautiful lips, "Great. I plan on dancing the night away with you Mrs. Cain."

***

Lex wasn't kidding about dancing the night away with me. The man held me close to him the moment the first dance was over and the dance floor was open to everyone. I have long discarded my heels and have been barefoot.

"You have to dance with me," Gigi exclaims cutting in between Lex and I. she doesn't wait for an answer and pulls me away from my husband who doesn't wait long for another dance partner to snag him, June joins him and they dance together.

My heart jumps at how cute they are. June is a mother to Lex and Isadora. Not being bound by blood means absolutely nothing. That woman loves them as she would her own children.

Gigi and I hold each other close and sway to the music. She too had taken her shoes off.

"We did it," she says with a contagious smile on her face. My lips mirror hers. "We really did it, Rosie. We got the happiness that we've always dreamed of. We got the love that we've always wanted. You can't tell me manifestation isn't real. This is it!"

Her words are so true. I may have never said it out loud, but Lord knows as career-focused as I am - I wished for a fairytale kind of love. The love that I have been so fooled into believing by all the romantic comedies that I have watched.

"I'm so happy for you my friend. Welcome to the wife club Mrs. Woods."

A fit giggles takes over both of us. "Thank you for having me, Mrs. Cain."

We excitedly scream when a familiar favourite song booms over the speakers. Gig and I are big Lana Del Rey fans and I know she had something to do with her wedding playlist before it went to the DJ. We dance and sing along to 'Doin Time' embracing each other with big smiles on our faces.

***

"You're so beautiful."

I look back at my reflection in the mirror where I had just finished washing off all the make-up I had plastered on my face. Lex looks at me with so much tenderness it makes me want to cry.