1

11 years later

Kaycee Taylor Armstrong
Age: 17
Brooklyn, New York

I was in my physiology class , I was listening to music and tapping my pencil on the desk watching the clock and waiting for the hand to hit the 2

I was in my physiology class , I was listening to music and tapping my pencil on the desk watching the clock and waiting for the hand to hit the 2. Everyone was throwing papers at each other laughing. I'm glad this is my last year so I don't have to see any of these nut fuckers anymore. I only talk too three people here and that's Jasmine, Johnathan , and Nya. I've been cool with them since middle school.

The bell rung and everyone got up and rushed out of class and I was on my way out the door.

"Hey Kaycee could you come here" Mr.Wilson said causing me to turn around.

I mugged him and walked over to him.

"Kaycee how would you feel if you got moved to an honors class?" He asked me with a smile. I moved my mouth to the side and rolled my eyes.

"I don't care" I said tapping my nails on his desk.

"You have the highest scores in the class and I feel that you belong in honors , I'll speak with your counselor more about that." He said and I nodded and walked off.

I went outside to the parking lot and went to Johnathan's black charger. He unlocked the door and I got in the back seat.

He looked at me from the rear view mirror. "What took you so long?" He asked fixing his dark Cartier glasses.

"Mr.Wilson wanted to talk to me about getting moved to an honors class." I said looking out the window.

"Ouuu you bout to get out that slow ass class and get moved to honors I know that's right!" Jasmine said with a smile and putting on her lipgloss while looking in the mirror.

"Y'all wanna go get something to eat?" Johnathan asked starting the car.

"Hell yes I'm starving" jasmine said and Johnathan furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" Jasmine asked looking confused.

"Oh nothing" he said looking down at her stomach and driving out the parking lot, Jasmine punched him in the arm and mugged him causing him to laugh.

I threw my hood on my head and laid back in the seat closing my eyes. I started to think about my mother and the day she left me. I think about her all the time and it's been eleven years and I'm still waiting on her."

We pulled up to Red Rivers restaurant and got out the car. We went inside and told them a table for three. We followed the waitress and sat down at a booth.

"What's the plans for the weekend?"Johnathan asked and I shrugged. "My mom is having a little gathering our house tomorrow , she said y'all are welcomed to come" Jasmine said looking at her menu.