20: Lady Tigers (2)

Chapter 20: Lady Tigers (2)

It seemed Liz Allan didn't realise that the picture of two Tigress women he showed her had the exact names he told her— or perhaps she didn't want to think of that as a possibility? In either case, Liz didn't realise that the name of the mask-wearing White Tiger was Ava Ayala, and Enrique didn't bother correcting her.

Still, Liz was understandably worried as to why Enrique was looking for her. Had Ava committed any sort of crime? However, Enrique managed to calm her down that no- Ava had done nothing wrong and was rather in a problem that only Enrique could help her with.

Despite the fact that she didn't realise Ava's identity, Liz was a smart girl, so when Enrique insisted that the situation was a superhero's job and the NYPD might not be able to help, she agreed to not call the police and rather gave Enrique Ava's address.

"Then let's stop here, Liz." Enrique stood up from his seat. "Really appreciate the help, and sorry our date had to come to an end this way, but I promise Ava will be safe because of this."

Liz blinked at the word 'date' but nodded soon after and watched Anna wave at her one last time before both of the superheroes left for Ava's home.

Enrique was honestly a bit surprised Ava was in town, moreover in touch with her friends and family even. After all, White-Tiger was last seen six months ago, not once after that. He had expected her to be in a run with Tigra, away from the organisation named "Hand". Perhaps she lost her Amulet that was her source of power? If so, that'd explain how she was still in the city— since the Hand wouldn't come after her if she didn't have the amulet.

But if she didn't have the amulet, that also meant that visiting her wouldn't be that beneficial. He doubted how much a normal human, without any super strength, would be able to teach him in hand-to-hand combat.

Though it's another story if Tigra was also with Ava. Liz didn't know who Greer Nelson was, but the possibility of her staying with Ava— or Ava at least knowing her location, was high.

It took Enrique 7 whole minutes of flying through the tall sky of New York to reach the given address. He hoped Liz hadn't called Ava to tell her about this, Enrique couldn't tell her not to since that'd seem too suspicious.

"Rogue," Enrique said as he looked down on the house that matched the address. "Don't engage in a fight against them unless I tell you to."

"Them?" Rogue asked.

"Ava may be with the other woman, the tigress-humanoid from the photo. Chances are high." He said as he lowered to the ground before dropping in front of the door of Ava's house. "Be on guard."

Enrique pressed the bell and soon heard a 'Coming!' from inside the house. He waited before the door opened and an olive-skinned girl's head popped out from the barely-opened door. She blinked, and for an instant the girl seemed panicked, but she smiled softly a second later.

"Supernova?!" she said in an excited voice, opening the door fully. But Enrique smelled the hint of nervousness in that. She was acting. Moreover, he could see the outline of a string necklace on her. "Is that really you? I am a big fan! I saw your fight, it was awesome!"

Olive-skinned, wavy dark hair and an oval, pouty face. This girl was Ava Ayala.

[Image Here]