Chapter 171: Is It Fate? Or God is Playing? pt. 8

Just as I was about to open my mouth and pester the man beside me who had gone mute, someone suddenly appeared out of thin air. Four sets of eyes were currently nailed on that person, two of those were filled with incredulity, while the remaining two were both calm.

Luminous white robes rustled as he moved, standing straight and proud in the middle of the room. I blinked at the image of Janus who seemed surprised upon seeing the three of us there. Her golden irises widened for a fraction as his eyes slid from one person to another and then to the smiling Nine at the side.

His gold dangling earring rattled when he turned his head, emitting a low noise within the room that suddenly got silent when he appeared.

I saw it right, did I? He definitely teleported here.

There was only an awkward silence at first, not one of us was speaking but some of us did look at him strangely.

"Lord Janus? Why are you here?" I muttered after a while.

I didn't know he would appear here at all! What kind of business does the great magician even have in a tiny establishment such as this? Is he here to buy books as well? But isn't there an archive section in the tower?

Janus's mesmerizing golden eyes went to me and smiled. It was a positive gesture yet I could sense a little bit of awkwardness in it.

"What? Am I not allowed to be here?" was his response.

Ah... Both Lukas and you sound the same...

Speaking of Lukas, the frown of his deepened when he saw him appear. You know what, you're going to end up with that face for real if you keep doing that. Why is he always angry at everything?

Estelle was also tongue-tied, even worse than before. She could barely talk earlier because of the awkwardness, I really pity her.

Hmm? But... isn't this nice? Janus is here so that meant the fateful encounter is actually followed, though it was very much different from the original. Plus, she actually met two male leads in one day, even if it's not my brother and it was Lukas instead.

Janus glanced at the three of us. Even with that simple move from him, to me, he seemed like he's looking down on everyone but not in a negative light. If it was others, they might have appeared arrogant and haughty. He has this regality that only a monarch has and if it's possible, he even exceeded the current royals in terms of decorum and imposing nature.

Maybe this is the reason why the Emperor and Empress call him a Lord.

But... should I talk? Should I not? Maybe I shouldn't... yes... Let's not make unnecessary actions.

I had just told myself that and the door to the shop opened. Then entered two people who were also not falling short with regards to their background. One is the crown prince of the empire and the other is the captain of hundreds of royal knights. Yep. They were Ezekiel and Nathan. They appeared and completed the whole picture.

What's with this gathering of stars in one place? What kind of development is this?

You know... if you look at us right now, all the key characters of the novel are here. The supposed-to-be villainess, aka, me; the four handsome male leads; and the adorable main character.

This... this is...

I stared at the two newcomers with wide eyes, feeling absolutely gobsmacked to see both my brother and the prince.

Why are they here? What is going on?

The two also stopped just in front of us, not even mere meters away from the entranceway, and were looking at us with the same stunned expressions. Both of them were in a commoner's clothes, just like Lukas, but that wasn't important to me. I want to know what the hell is happening here.