VII

VII: At The End of The Day

"I can't see my feet anymore

"I can't see my feet anymore." Eliana attempts to look down and simultaneously wiggles her toes. "That's surprising." I joke and she scoffs.

"Kenzi, please." Enzo murmurs flipping through a book at the kitchen island. I roll my eyes, he's never been very fun.

"We've got another lead on Bea." I say lowly gaining Enzo's attention. Eliana looks at me as if she's waiting for me to continue.  "Actually the intel was more so on Iris' whereabouts." Before I can continue a very annoyed looking Mateo storms into the area immediately shifting the energy.

Despite his irritation, when he reaches El he gives her a light kiss while his right hand simultaneously rests on her rounded stomach.

I'm waiting for him to speak, Enzo looks over at me with a look I can't really decipher.

"Bea was spotted in Poland..." Mateo's voice is very controlled, it's almost scary. "Iris, as me and Kenzi found out this morning, is back in Armenia with her father." He says.

"Why is Bea in Poland? Who is she with?" Eliana asks hurriedly, you could tell she was extremely worried.

Poland is too close to Russia for him to not be extremely worried. It was also the place my sister was murdered on live feed.

"I wish I knew who she was with, she was spotted with a woman who had veil like face covering." Mateo spoke lowly, I could tell he was trying not to get angry. This is the worst he's been since El went missing. "Maybe we should talk to the Pruszków Mafia, they should know something." Enzo suggested stupidly.

"No idiot, Pruszków are fucking allies with the fucking Bratva. This would only raise a flag for Nikolai if he isn't already in on it." Mateo nodded. "It's not worth the risk." He adds.

"Instead Enzo is going to come with me to Armenia collect what I bought." He was referring to Iris, but I only just realized that meant I'm stuck watching Eliana who is too far along for comfort. She parted her lips but then decided against speaking.

Coward. Guess I have to speak up.

"What about Eliana?" She is currently 24 weeks which is too early for labor apparently but what if something happens? "I'll be fine." She speaks lowly, I sigh.

"I'll get Bianca to watch her whenever you have to handle anything, but I am really trusting you." Mateo says , who the hell said I wanted this responsibility?

I started to say something but that stupid look in her eyes made me decide against it. "Fine." It makes me want to throw up with how much I actually care about her.

"We should be back in no time. Kenzie please don't fuck this up, she has another appointment in a few days. If something happens to her, that's your ass." I roll my eyes as he gives me the same speech he always gives when it comes to her, he'll never admit it but he does trust me.