Solution

Loki returned to check on you, but while he was walking down the hall toward your cage he heard a scraping sound that got louder as he got closer. Eventually, he found the source of the noise when he arrived and saw you dragging your horns on the cage.

"What are you doing?" He asked while watching you. You ignored him and continued leaving large scratches on the surface of the glass. "If you're trying to dig yourself out, it might take you a year."

You let out a low growl and continued your pointless task. You were bored out of your mind here and were losing your patience. Loki tried distracting you, but you didn't seem interested, even when Thor appeared.

"I took a quick trip back to Asgard," he told his younger brother.

"What for?"

"I told our healers about (Y/N)'s condition. I now have good and bad news."

Loki perked up, "Go on."

"The bad news is they do not believe they can heal his mind, but the good news is they believe they might be able to help heal his body. Of course, there are no guarantees, but–"

"That's great!" Loki grinned. "We must take him there right away."

"Slow down, brother," Thor told him. He didn't want Loki to get ahead of himself. "I said, there is no guarantee. There are also many risks in bringing (Y/N) back to Asgard. We have to think of his safety and our people's."

"What do you suggest then?"

"We'll speak to the other Avengers and they will–"

Interrupted once more, Thor looked over at the door to see the entire team burst in. Apparently, he wasn't the only one who was able to find a solution.

"I'm a genius," Tony announced before Bruce elbowed him in the ribs. "I mean we're geniuses."

"Spit it out, Stark," Loki told him.

"With the blood sample we took–" He received another elbow. "I mean, with the blood sample Bruce and the others bravely took, we were able to get a better look at what Abbott did. We think a simple shock to his system might be enough to physically turn him back to his original state."

"A shock?" Thor asked while allowing electricity to spark between his fingers. "That didn't seem to work before."

"Not a literal electrical shock," Bruce clarified.

"Interesting," T'Challa cut in, "but we believe we also found an alternative solution. Shuri believes she can reverse engineer Abbott's machine. She could have a better look at it back in her lab where she is more comfortable working with vibranium. We can take (Y/N) too."

Thor shook his head, "That won't be necessary. Once we find a safe way to transport him, the healers will be able to help (Y/N)."

"You want to take him to Asgard?" Bucky asked, crossing his arms. "If he has to leave, then perhaps it's better if he goes to Wakanda. They helped me a lot, and I can even go with him if that's okay."

"You are always welcomed, Barnes," T'Challa told him.

Loki scowled, not liking the idea of you alone with Bucky. "I'm sure (Y/N) can still have the best care in Asgard. And instead of being stuck in a cell all day, he'll have a lot more space."

"Were none of you listening?" Tony asked. "We have a solution right here. (Y/N) doesn't have to go anywhere."

"We don't actually know if it'll work," Bruce tried to whisper, but everyone had heard him.

Everyone in the room suddenly started choosing sides. A few of them were backing Thor's idea to take you to Asgard, others preferred if you stayed here in the compound, and some believed Wakanda was your best bet.

"Asgard has many great healers," Thor argued.

"So does Wakanda," T'Challa shot back.

Tony scoffed at both of them, "I'm telling you that our research is the best. Here, I'll show you."

Tony tried bringing up a holographic screen, but Thor batted his tablet away, accidentally pressing random buttons. This caused a file to open up, and nobody noticed until those with enhanced hearing winced.

"What is that sound?" Bucky asked before turning around when he heard a loud whimper from your direction.

"See what you did," Tony scolded Thor. "You triggered the sound recording."

"Is this the same sound from when the speakers were hacked?" Steve asked. He watched you cover your ears and tremble in a corner from the pain. He wished he knew what was going on in your head.

Natasha looked over Tony's shoulder as he was frantically tapping on his screen. "Can't you stop it?"

"I'm trying! It always messes my systems up for some reason."

You started banging your horns on the cage wall, making it vibrate with each hit. Everyone tried to calm you down so you wouldn't hurt yourself, but you couldn't hear them over the pain.

"I'm going to put him to sleep," Wanda decided. "It worked last time."

Not giving anyone much time to argue, Wanda used her magic to get in your head. It seemed to work as you slowly stopped banging your head on the wall and lay on the ground. You then closed your eyes and completely passed out.

Worried over your physical state, Bruce stepped inside the cage, ignoring the potential danger if you woke up. He then did his best to check your vitals. "He's okay."

Tony finally turned off the infernal sound but felt guilty. The whole point of keeping a copy of it was to help protect you from it, not hurt you. "We'll figure out where to go from here after he wakes up. Let him rest for now."

Everyone filed out of the room, but Wanda stayed behind to watch you. When she had tried to get in your mind a while back, all she had felt was pure emotion: Anger, sadness, and frustration. When she went into your head today, she sensed something else. Something familiar.

"I know you're still in there."