°°𝟕°°

September

September.18.2020

"Today's session is going to be a little different." Tori explained, crossing her skirt clad legs over each other " I was thinking we could delve into your childhood a bit more, " she pushes her hand out "though, only if you're comfortable."

Katan was currently at his third counseling session and compared to his first, you could say there was a miniscule amount of progress made. He still had a lot of hesitancy coming here but it wasn't like he could bail and risk him violating his probation.

KT shrugged at her words, slumping down in the crème chair as he usually would " ain't much to talk about, but whatever."

"If you could describe your childhood in three words, what would they be?" Tori ignored his pessimistic attitude.

"Poverty, Serene, naïve." He scrunched his face up at the specification but answered nonetheless. At her question, those three words blared throughout his head and tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them.

Tori's lips slightly pulled down as she scribbled those words, each with their own column " why those, try to give me reasoning for each one."

Katan sighed, his arms crossing " No offense, but this is Sarlaq, ain't nobody and nothing coming from this town when it comes to wealth. You born into this bitch strugglin'. No amount of nothin' can keep you afloat financially here." unless illegally. He kept that last part to himself.

Tori obviously wrote that under the column of poverty "Do you feel the same way about yourself and your family? Do you feel like Sarlaq and the abundance of poverty is the end all for you guys?"

KT sat quietly as he rummaged through his thoughts, these were things he had thought about but never felt the need to vocalize.

"We played into da' cycle we were born in so we could survive it , depending on how we move from here on out, it depends " he shrugged " we can continue to be in dis' cycle or we can break it."

"I feel like serene and naïve go hand and hand." he gestured, leaving the prior topic behind, bringing his hands up in a weighing motion ' when you young, you don't have a sense of self so you enjoy life different from somebody who does, you don't realize what you have but you also don't realize what you don't have."