CHAPTER 5

Ryan's POV

It sounds ridiculous.

A contract marriage? What for?

I laugh for a very long time, wishing it will piss her off but the lady in front of me isn't ready to be mad at anything I do at the moment.

She is smiling with a determined look on her face. That sort of I- know-what-I-am-doing look makes me sober up immediately.

"Are you done laughing?" She leans forward, her stupid makeup in clear view.

I do not reply to her. I just wish I didn't propose this meeting. I hope this will just end soon.

Is it this psycho I am getting married to? Why will she even propose a contract marriage?

As if hearing my thoughts, she comments. "The last time I checked, I had a boyfriend and I was asked to break up with him simply because I have been betrothed to some man. The last time I checked, we don't like each other a bit, so tell me what the hell you are thinking about? What the hell is stopping you from agreeing to this? You want us to be married forever?"

I am tempted to let out a loud NO. I am tempted to forbid it. I can't imagine spending forever with this dramatic woman.

No. 

This should be for a while. We are going to get divorced as soon as possible. We just need to act as if our parents have succeeded in their plans for us to be in love and married for life.

Come to think of it, the contract seems like a good idea.

I guess it just sounded ridiculous since it was coming from her. 

We don't need to be contracted. We are adults and all we need to do is get divorced after some years of being married.

Why the hell is she bringing up the issue of a contract?

She tilts her head sideways with a frown. Then she fakes a gasp, her right hand clamping her mouth. "Are you falling in love with me already?"

In response, I sneer.

Fall in love, my foot!

"You want to be married for life?"

I slam my fist on the table in anger. This is what she wants. She wants to provoke me to say something about her stupid idea.

"Shut the fuck up, woman!"

"Shut the fuck up, man!" She yells back, startled. "Who do you think you are to yell at me that way? Do I look like some girl who will bend to your wishes just because you want them? Do I look like someone you can order around? I know you need this marriage more than I do. I can decide to go back home right now and tell them I am not getting married to you and that's final. I am doing you a favor so you better tell me if you agree with the idea or not."