282: Hey, Auntie (*)

Chapter 282: Hey, Auntie (*)

Most of the girls had different wishes after being presented with this new opportunity. Some even dubbed it as the welcoming party for their new life.

Tenten wanted to watch a movie, and Tsunade, Shizune, and Samui wanted to join her.

Hanabi wanted to experience the nightlife of the ninja world, and surprisingly Temari wanted to join her. Neji didn't understand. She was talking about fairness this, fairness that– implying she wanted to do something different than the already proposed options (them being– watch a movie and go out), so he was assuming she would have another wish. But surprisingly, she wanted to go out as well.

Turns out, Neji was still not on the level where he could fully understand women.

Only one Neji went to watch a movie, because one Neji could handle four women any day. Only one went out with Hanabi and Temari as well, the reason being the same as above.

In front of him, only Sakura, Ino, Karin, Arima, Kurenai and Mirai remained.

Sakura and Ino seemed to have come to an understanding. Neji hadn't eavesdropped on their conversation because he was out with Hinata back then, but... he could guess what they were planning as they exchanged glances.

"Um, Neji, about Ino..." Sakura trailed off, clearing her throat. "How about we go somewhere private and discuss this?"

Neji nodded without any hesitation.

"Alright! Ino, let's go. Oh, Karin, follow us, we are supposed to look after you. After all." said Sakura, pulling Ino and Karin away as one of the remaining Nejis guided them to somewhere private.

For a moment, Karin seemed to hesitate, but she had no chance of resisting as Sakura pulled her arm with gorilla-like strength.

Now only Arima, Kurenai, and Mirai remained.

The little girl with long hair reaching her waist– Mirai– looked up at Neji with her blood-red eyes. There was silence for a moment before she got up from her mother's embrace and ran to jump on Neji. Neji caught her mid-air and hugged her.

"Hey, mista, I wanna play. You went to play with everyone else, I wanna play too! Can we play?" Mirai asked.

Mirai didn't call him father anymore but rather said 'Mista'. Her words weren't as developed as that of her body's age, after all. Though it was far greater than what she should be capable of with her mental age in consideration. She sounded very cute, nonetheless.

It was Asuma's loss for leaving such an innocent soul behind.

Mirai looked at Neji's face with glittering eyes, filled with hope. Neji hummed for a moment, mostly to give her an anxious feeling, and nodded with a smile.

"Alright, let's play."

Mirai's face brightened as she smiled and hugged him again.

"Yay! We are gonna play. Can motha join us?"

"Does 'motha' want to join us?" Neji asked while glancing at Kurenai.

The former Kunoichi was smiling softly, though her eyes were still somewhat dry. She nodded slowly.

Neji looked at Mirai again. "Alright, it's decided. Now you choose what we play with."

A few minutes later, Neji moved Kurenai and Mirai to the playground, where all sorts of children's toys were present. He wanted to talk to Kurenai about Asuma, but he decided to put it at the back of the list for now since Mirai was here.