31

I thought being alone at home was Hell but being trapped here was worse.

My heart couldn't handle the pain of only being wanted when Colby decided. I felt like I was worth nothing to him since I was disposable.

When his work was being effected, that was the only time he cared about me.

It made me question if our love was ever real to begin with. Did he actually love me or was it all just lust and pity?

"Julia. Which pharmacy?" Colby asked again as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Why do you care!" I wailed pathetically. "Because your seizures are worse than ever, Julia. I know you aren't feeling good." He said with a sigh.

"I don't care! I don't need your help!" I snapped, wiping my eyes. "God damn it, Julia. Fine. You can pay me back. How about that?" He asked with annoyance.

"I don't have the fucking money. It doesn't matter whether the money goes to you or the fucking pharmacy." I said then brought my hands to my head.

"Okay, relax. Just pay me back when you can. Your health is important, now tell me which pharmacy so I can get the prescription transferred here." Colby said calmly.

It was annoying how understanding he was being. It was almost like something triggered inside of him to be nicer to me.

It pissed me off.

"The one on Bay Street." I grumbled as he nodded. "Great, we can swing by and pick those up on the way back to the apartment." He said as I nodded.

"Great." I said as he pushed off the floor causing his chair to roll across the room. He opened the mini fridge and pulled out a water bottle.

"Here. We'll get food when we leave. I have a little bit of work to do." Colby said and tossed me the bottle.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked and tried to stand up since I was still sitting on the floor.

"Sit there and look pretty." He said as I rolled my eyes. "You're a pig." I said and sat in the chair then tried to twist the cap off of the water bottle.

My hands were shaking too much though and my body was weak from the seizure. "A pig that you need." Colby said then took the bottle and twisted the cap off for me.

"I don't need anyone. I was doing perfectly fine by myself." I said and crossed my arms, knowing full well that was not the case at all.

I just didn't want his help.

"Okay, sweetheart." he said and handed me the bottle. "I really have to do some work though so seriously be quiet." He said and raised his brows at me.

It was annoying as fuck that he was talking to me like I was a child or like I was a prisoner.

That worked the first time he took me against my will, but it wasn't going to work this time.

I knew how soft he really could be. I knew that if I wanted to I could distract him enough so that he would be killed.

All it would take was one action.

One action I would never do.

We sat in silence while Colby did his work. It was annoying because I had a gnarly headache and wanted to be literally anywhere else.

"Alright. Ready?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I would question you about where we are going but I don't even care at this point." I said as he nodded.

"We're going shopping then going to the apartment." He said and stood up.