Limit Breaker

(A/N: Before we get into this chapter, I would just like to explain some things about Ren Dover since many of you have not read the novel before. The novel has still not finished so Ren hasn't reached his peak yet but my version of the story is assuming he did and that he was equal to the demon king. The demon king was strong enough to casually wipe out planets with a swipe of his hand. Since Ren was equal to him, he is far above the tbate world. I didn't want to write a overpowered main character again since I already did that, so I nerfed him quite hard so that he grows much slower than he should.  The abilities that he does use are all cannon to The Author's POV and in fact I nerfed the ability being used in this chapter else he would have broken the balance too much. Also, people who read TAPOV will know the fact that he should technically not be able to use this ability but I am assuming he can since he did reincarnate and lose his peak strength.)

Bairon POV:

He patted the Princess's head before trying to calm her down, "It's alright now. I am here to protect you like I promised."

Normally, I would told him to run away as this was a monster even he could not hope to defeat.

 But there was something different about him.

It wasn't just his white hair completely devoid of colour, or the complete lack of care he had for his enemies.

It was something much bigger. The more I tried to discern the feeling, the weirder it felt. It almost felt like I was being sucked into an absolute void.

I quickly woke up from my stupor when I heard Uto began to speak, "Well, well. Look who it is, the greatest gen—"

"I didn't give you permission to speak yet."

Gary cut him off, not even acknowledging him with a look and instead put his hand over the Princess.

I was right. There was definitely something different about him, and it seemed like it was over for Uto.

Lancelot POV:

Blood spluttered from my mouth as I tried to heal my wounds with the limited mana I had at my disposal. Even though Gary, the one I considered my greatest rival, was here, the situation hadn't actually improved.

There was something very different about him, but it would be a massive leap of logic to assume he could beat Uto just because of that.

It isn't because Gary is weak. It's simply because of how far above Uto is from the rest of us.

My heart dropped when Gary bravely cut Uto off from speaking and continued to pay attention to Kathyln.

I saw visions of Gary being powerlessly skewered by the enemy like Claire had when she tried to protect Arthur.

Suddenly, green wind mana engulfed everyone of us. My eyes widened in shock as I could tell my injuries were healing in real time. 

While it is possible to heal with elemental magic, it is far less efficient and effective than the healing done by emitters.

The two best elements to heal with are water and plant magic, followed by wind magic. Even I only used wind healing magic when it was absolutely necessary due to how much mana it needed.

Yet, Gary was healing us with an even more inefficient wind healing magic than mine. He was healing all of us, regardless of our injuries, simultaneously with wind magic. The sheer scale of the spell blew my mind as I imagined my reserves emptying in mere seconds while his still continued to last.

Not only that, he didn't seem to break a sweat while doing so.

'Does he have infinite mana or something?' Crazy thoughts began to appear in my mind as I tried to justify how he was able to achieve this impossible feat.

Alistair POV:

'W-what a monster. That Vritra doesn't stand a chance!' I thought as I could see all the mana surrounding Gary's body. 

It was mind boggling. The only person who surpassed him was Windsom, and he was one of the high-ranking Asuras who are practically deities. Even the mythical beast we met in Widow's Crypt was weaker than him.

'How are you getting this much strength Gary?' I wondered silently.

Gary POV:

Too late. I was almost too late.

Rachel's letter was quite a shock to me personally and it took me quite some time to believe in it and come here. It was a good thing I flew directly to the Academy while ignoring the others in the city and managed to save Kathyln just in the nick of time.

'Honestly, using Limit Breaker isn't too good,' I thought while keeping a stoic expression on my face.

Unlike my previous life, I can only use this ability three times since this is a completely different universe and all the mana I had in my previous life will be exhausted by then.

However, the man in front of me is strong. Even though using Limit Breaker is a overkill, there is nothing else I can do.

'So let's use this opportunity to abuse him. For hurting my dear friends and killing Claire, I'll torture him to death.'

I walked towards him, his uneasy expression brining slight joy to me. He seemed to have been caught off-guard by how incredible my healing spell was, but that was just scratching the surface.

Metal spikes instantly conjured all around me. I had to admit, this magic was impressive. It made sense why Varay and Bairon couldn't beat him.

I simply flicked my hand, causing the mana in the air to wildly fluctuate and shatter the spikes into nothing.

"Insect. You should have just been a good boy and waited for me."

I said as my eyes drilled into him, the mana pressure caging him and Olfred together. I broke the dwarven lance's mana core and bones before throwing him out to Varay and Bairon.

"Arrest him," I uttered with a tone of authority evident in my voice.

Meanwhile, I slowly shortened the distance between the enemy and I, the mana surrounding him continuing to increase its pressure.

Finally, I stood right in front of him. I bent down and roughly pulled his head up using one of his horns to stare into his eyes.

Fear gripped him as he tried to avert his eyes but failed to do so because of my control over his body.

"Hmm, you have quite some mana in your horns don't you?" I stated before snapping the two of them off like twigs.

He roared like a beast whose child just died, trashing hard against my mana cage but failing to do anything.

I compressed harder on him, slowly but surely breaking his body and mana core while also protecting his vitals.

After a few agonising minutes, every fibre of his body was broken and mana abandoned him.

My ability was about to reach its time limit of ten minutes, so I released the mana cage and threw him to the Lances.

"Looks like we are done here," I said solemnly while the students and professors all broke down into sobs after what they went through.