Chapter 1

The cool Washington air whisks around me, blowing my light brown hair into my face. My feet feel slightly sore due to the fact that I've been walking all day, but I continue on. It's been a long few weeks for me, but one hundred percent worth it. I've been traveling throughout the Pacific Northwest, hiking and taking loads of pictures. Photography is one of my passions and this entire experience has been incredible for me. Today, I'm in Gifford Pinchot National Forest. It's a beautiful place and it disappoints me to know that I won't be able to come back anytime soon, as I live in Colorado.

Finally, I spot a clearing in the trees and I know I've reached my destination: Lower Lewis River Falls. My jaw drops as I take in the stunning waterfall in the middle of the majestic forest. I immediately begin taking pictures with my Canon Rebel T5i, knowing that this perfect lighting won't last much longer. After spending a very long time admiring the view and snapping pictures, I sigh, knowing I need get back to my car, as I have more places to get to.

As I begin walking back the way I came, I get this incredibly eerie feeling that someone is watching me. I keep walking, not turning around to see if there actually is anyone, because, well, we all know exactly what happens when someone looks behind themselves in horror movies. But then, I hear a twig snap behind me and I just can't help myself. I stop in my tracks and spin around on my heel. My heart stops for a moment at the sight of a guy, a rather attractive guy I must add.

He's tall, much taller than me and very muscular. The thing that strikes me the most about him are his piercing emerald eyes, which are identical to mine.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me," I mumble, out of breath.

It really freaks me out when he doesn't respond. The man in front of me, who has got to be several years older than my 17, just stares at me with a somber, yet hopeful look in his eyes.

He finally breaks the silence after a good ten seconds. "Ember?" he asks quietly.

Confusion fills my body. "Um... no, my name's Brynlee," I tell him.

His eyebrows furrow for a moment, but soon his eyes widen in realization. Suddenly, he starts to walk towards me, fast.

"Uh," I stutter, stumbling over my own feet as I try to back away from this mysterious guy.

I almost fall backwards onto my ass, but he's too fast, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards him.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask him, panic consuming me.

He sighs, glancing around with a nervous look in his eyes. "Listen, I know this is confusing, but I need you to come with me."

Before he can continue his sentence, I cut in, "Um, who the hell do you think you are?" I try to pull my arm from his strong grasp but it's no use. "Let go of me!" I yell.

"I'm so sorry," he says, looking at me sadly before grabbing me by the waist and throwing me over his shoulder.

I let of a gasp of surprise as my world is suddenly turned upside down. "Oh my god! Put me down!" I scream, pounding my fists into this guy's muscular back.

My punches don't seem to faze him one bit, and he start walking to God knows where, with me thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Tears stream down my face as I realize just how back this is. I'm getting kidnapped!

After what feels like a lifetime, I see dirt turn to pavement. "Where are your car keys?" the man holding me asks.

I open my mouth to answer him, but all that comes out is a strangled sob.

I hear him sigh before suddenly, I'm on my feet. "Where are they?" he questions again.

With a shaking hand, I reach around my neck and pull off my lanyard with my keys on in. It's a little difficult, considering my camera is also around my neck, but I make it work.

The man grabs my keys before unlocking my brand new red Ford Mustang and pushing me into the passenger seat. He finds the child lock button on the side of the door and turns it on before closing it, leaving me trapped inside. I continue to cry, as I start to feel my breath come out in quick short bursts. It's hard to breathe and I feel my head start to ache.

The driver's door opens and the man gets in. He noticed my labored breathing immediately and looks at me with worry in his eyes. "Ember, Ember are you okay?" he asks.

My name is Brynlee! I want to yell at him, but I can't.

"Are you having a panic attack?" He sounds genuinely worried, and that confuses me. "Mom used to have those..." he mumbles, clearly thinking back on a memory.

Finally, the anxiety all becomes too much for me, and I black out.

~*~

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading my story, An Alpha's Love. I apologize that this chapter is so short; I promise that they will get longer as we get further into the plot.

The picture at the top is Kristina Romanova, who plays Brynlee.

Once again, thanks for reading!

-Nina