CHAPTER ONE

i take a deep breath closing my eyes as the stadium's bitter cold air pinches at my skin, sending a shiver down my spine as i attempt to calm my nerves.

the muffled cheers from behind the door fill my ears as i look towards me, i readjust the grip on my hockey stick and push my helmet further down making sure my gear isn't loose.

everything was a distant echo as i stare ahead of me, the sound of my heart pounding in my ears, the sound of my unsteady breathing, it was as if everything that was muffled was underwater.

i hear a voice but can't understand what it's saying, i get shaken by the shoulders and snap back to reality and look at my coach, trying to keep my posture straight and bite the inside of my cheek.

"are you ready, y/n?" coach reilly asks, a small grin on his face knowing he's already won the game because of his little team of hawks.

"yes, coach" i sigh, giving the man a slight nod causing him to shake my helmet slightly.

"atta girl! let's show them what we've got alright? let's go team!" he cheers, the team following shortly after as the doors open revealing a whole crowd cheering with bright white lights shining on the ice rink.

'Here come the hawks, soaring into the ice rink in all their glory, can they pull off another game? let's find out!'

'there goes number 53, Y/n L/n stealing the puck from the tigers, an extraordinary player for her age, dont you agree harry?'

'absolutely charles, this kid is the next best thing, i'm telling you! she dodges an attack from tim winston and swiftly passes to adam banks, they pass the puck to one another again and again quickly confusing the goalie and the opposite team- but wait!'

'i can't believe it, they've sneakily passed the puck to larson who skilfully hits the puck into the net, the crowd goes wild! the three players both race to each other cheering joined with the rest of their team, i cant believe it, the hawks have won!'

beep! beep! beep!

i shuffle in my bed slightly as i wake up to the sound of my alarm, i was exhausted from last nights game and couldn't be bothered to move.

i hear the faint laughter of children from outside and let out a long breath, turning off my alarm before sinking my head further into my pillow for comfort.

i lay there for a while, the feeling of discomfort slowly filling my body, i begin to shuffle, toss and turn in my bed, yanking at my covers in hope of comfort only to get none.

i let out a huff of annoyance and kick my covers back, sitting up as i get out of bed, any warmth i previously had was gone as i walk into the bathroom, turning on the shower as i do so.

i place my hand under the water and wait till it's at a good temperature, nodding my head in approval i step inside letting the hot water run.

after doing my shower routine, i wrap a towel around myself and turn off the shower, going to my wardrobe grabbing some clothes suitable for the weather.

i grab the hair dryer and brush my hair whilst humming a song that has been stuck in my head all morning, once my hair was dry i play around with it for a bit until it's just how i want it.