Chapter VI: Act II

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Staying Overnight
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

A familiar bard could be seen standing in front of two very pissed-off men.

"Aw, looks like I caught him first, losers!" Venti cackled with a teasing grin on his lips.

Kaeya stared at the bard with a ticked-off expression, while Diluc looked like he wanted to throw the shorter figure into Celestia.

Venti stuck his tongue out playfully and victoriously. "I'm his first lover and you can't stop me!" He beamed.

Kaeya bit the inside of his cheek before smirking.

"But... what if he wanted an open relationship? Like... let's say a harem?" Kaeya asked, raising a brow at the archon.

Venti narrowed his eyes upon the cryo user. "Eh? What do you mean, ice boy?" He asked in annoyance.

Diluc looked away as he washed the dirty cups that were used throughout the day in the bar.

"We already know that there's more than just one person chasing after (Y/n), but you were able to take the number one spot of being his first lover," Kaeya began.

Venti raised a brow, wanting the other to continue what he wanted to say.

Kaeya then smirked. "How would you feel about sharing (N/n) with a group of people?"

The red-haired male in the back deadpanned at what the cryo user was hinting at.

Venti angrily pointed at Kaeya. "Even though he might want it, I shall allow... but remember this, I'll always be number one. I don't wanna share, but if I have to... I shall," he huffed out.

"Good," Kaeya retorted.

✧˖*°࿐

Goldet stared at a very familiar (H/c)ette with a teasing smile on her lips once she took notice of the sleeping Yaksha.

"Oh? Looks like Xiao fell asleep on you," she states while wiggling her eyebrows.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at his mother with a deadpanned expression while he held a sleeping Xiao in his arms.

The woman's eyes softened as she stared at her child. "He missed you, you know? He's kinda been waiting for you these past two years," she explained.

(Y/n) allowed a frown to slip onto his lips when he heard that. "He didn't have to do that," he whispered.

Goldet gave an understanding smile. "I know he didn't, but he wanted to." She replied.

(Y/n) released a quiet sigh as he moved Xiao into a more comfortable position in his arms.

Goldet hummed lightly with realization. "Your two friends... Aether and Paimon? They're staying on the second floor, underneath Xiao's room." She explained.

The (H/c)ette made a sound of thanks when he received an update about his two friends.

Goldet softly giggled. "You made some great friends in Mondstadt, (N/n)." She said gently.

(Y/n)'s eyes softened a bit at his mother's words, knowing how true they were.

"I... guess that's true," he whispered underneath their breath.

Goldet glanced over at the sleeping Xiao once more before sighing quietly. "Looks like you won't be moving anytime soon," she points out.

(Y/n) froze and stared at his mother with a dot-eyed expression on his face.

Goldet took notice of the look of horror and bit back a laugh, knowing how the younger had a habit of moving around for a while before becoming comfortable and falling asleep.

"You're mean," (Y/n) whispered in disappointment.

Goldet just smirked. "That's what mothers are for," she whispered back.

The (H/c)ette deadpanned as his mother left the room that he and Xiao were in.

(E/c) eyes drifted downward and softly smiled at how Xiao slept peacefully, cuddled up to their owner's tall figure.

"I guess... I'll allow it just for tonight..." (Y/n) whispered as he closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Xiao's waist.

"Sleep tight, Xiao."

✧˖*°࿐

Paimon lightly pouted with food stuffed into her mouth. "Eh? (Y/n) has his own room?" She asked, staring up at Goldet.

Goldet nodded her head. "Of course, he does. This is his home, after all." She answered.

Aether gave a look of realization. "Oh, you must be his mother, then?" He questioned.

Goldet giggled. "Yep. We might not look alike, but he's been my child for so long we're practically related with everything except for blood," she answered with a nod of her head.

Paimon made a sound of understanding.

Goldet then smiled at the two in front of her. "Thank you both so much for watching my little elf, he's been through some much these past few years."

Hearing this caused Paimon and Aether to share a look of confusion but didn't dare to pry any further since they wanted (Y/n) to tell them himself.

"If you need anything, please don't be scared to do so. I'll be at the desk if you have any questions," Goldet states.

Aether nodded his head with a warm smile slipping onto his lips. "Thanks so much, Mrs. Goldet."

Goldet smiled back and left.

✧˖*°࿐

Goldet and her husband popped their heads into Xiao's bedroom, and smiled at each other, staring at the sleeping duo on Xiao's bed.

"Looks like you were telling the truth. Xiao did kidnap (Y/n) from outside and teleported themselves in here," the man quietly chuckled in amusement.

Goldet gave a look of disappointment at her husband. "Did you think that I was lying?" She whispered back.

The man gave an apologetic smile and nodded.

Goldet rolled her eyes but pulled out a kamera and pointed it at the sleeping duo.

"I'll take three so that Xiao, (Y/n), and I can have a copy each," Goldet mumbled under her breath before taking three separate pictures of the sleeping cuddling duo.

The husband gave the other a soft stink eye before heading off.

Once finished, Goldet looked at the three photos that were all the same and gently smiled.

'You've grown up so much... (Y/n). I'm so happy for you,' She thought with teary eyes.

Even if they haven't seen each other in over two years, they still write letters back and forth whenever they have the time to do them.

"Maybe... just maybe... you can bring Xiao on your adventures with you and your friends," she whispered while sliding the door shut, and leaving to head toward the front desk.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝