Chapter Four

"Well," The assassin spoke, getting away from the light fury, backing away, and turning away. "BYEEEEEEE" He ran deep into the trees. The riders stood there staring in disbelief.

"Well, he's gone," Snotlout spoke up. The light fury sat down, lowing his head and ears; his eyes went onto the nightmare. He let out a growl.

"Did He just Yell Bye, with a lot 'e' at the end?" Questioned Hiccup, who was stunned as he watched his brother, whom he hadn't seen since they were five years old. He went to the light fury, rubbing his ear slightly. "Don't Worry; I won't leave him."

"You're going after him?!" Astrid shouted at him. "May I remind you that he is an Assassin!"

"His, my brother, Astrid. I know you guys never got along with him as kids, but we have changed much since then. And we don't know the whole story behind the 'Sparrows' as they call themselves," Hiccup explained. "He afraid, He admitted he didn't want to die and said something about the sparrows being between six-eighteen; why is that?" He took a deep breath. "Go back to the edge; I will find him" He whistled to his dragon to follow. The night fury followed his rider with the light fury not too far away.

Hiccup walked through the forest. "We need to find Hunter before the death song does," He spoke to the night fury. The night fury sniffed the air trying to catch the scent of the albino teen. He could smell blood from the innocent and his kindness to his right. He could sense the teen's loneliness, regret, fear, and grief. But there was something else, and he couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly, almost as if the teen was sick and something else. He looked at his human. He was worried and in regret.

He paused and looked at the dragons. "I-I needed to do this alone," He spoke. The night fury growled, "Please, bud. I need to do this alone, and I will be fine; you have your new friend" He walked off into the forest, the night fury sitting down and just staring as his rider got smaller and smaller. Hiccup lost his thoughts remembering the day Hunter left berk.

Hiccup was lost in his thoughts of the past; he could remember the day his brother left to get training with a trusted clan and friends of berk. Or, well, they were.

They were five at the time, and Hiccup had rather stay inside or go into the forest, where they were not allowed to go. Their dad was strict with the rule. They had to stay inside the village at all times. Sometimes they wouldn't listen. Or, well, Hiccup wouldn't. He would always wander off into the depths of the forest to explore.

Hunter was never too far behind him, always looking out for his older brother, even if they were two hours apart. Hunter always acted like he was older than Hiccup. He was always keeping an eye on him.

On the day Hunter left. Hiccup had been inside the house, lying by the fire, doodling in his book. He wasn't sure what he was drawing, just random things. The door had opened. His brother ran inside with a grin, and Hiccup looked up at him. "Why are you so happy?" He questioned, sitting up.

"You know the assassins? They choose me to train up!!" The boy cheered. "They will be able to help me be a better fighter with my other... Se....senses?" He grinned. Hiccup's face fell.

"So your leaving??" Hiccup's chest felt heavy. Hunter was the only person he talked to at the time. He was his best friend and his brother. And he was going to leave him?!

Hunter moved his right hand slightly. "Yeah, only for five years? Dad said it would be good for me! Something about giving me the attention I need, and I can't get it here."

Hiccup got his feet, and he held his journal close to him. "No," He spoke. Hunter looked at him before backing away. "I don't want you to leave!! You stay here!!" He shouted with all his might. Hunter shook his head. He looked behind him when their father came in. Hiccup looked up at his dad. "Don't make him leave."

The chief looked at his son, going down to him. "It will do him good. I don't have the time or the resources to teach your brother to defend himself correctly with his..... disabilities. It will be good for both of you," He told the young child. The chief knew what his boys needed; Hunter needed to be taught to use his other senses, something he couldn't teach him. And Hiccup needed to learn not to rely on Hunter. Hunter was always protecting him from everything. Hiccup sniffed slightly.

"I hate you!" He shouted; Hunter walked over to him.

"Hiccup, I will be back, and I will be able to fight better than before" He grinned. "And I can take down any energy I need to!" He tried. Hiccup looked at him, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"You're still leaving!! I hate you!" He turned and ran up the stairs to their shared room.

Later in the night, he heard his brother come up the stairs. He just kept his body away from him. "Hiccup?" He spoke up. "you don't hate me, right?" He questioned. He couldn't bring himself to look at him. "Oh.....well, bye" He heard him leave.

Hiccup stopped in his tracks, and his brain was going crazy. No, he didn't mean it. How could he even say that to someone he cared about? He heard a growl, bringing him out of his thoughts. He swallowed. "oh right, Melody Island," He reminded himself. He turned his body to face the furious death song. Not that he blamed him. "Hi...... I am just looking for someone, and I will leave," He tried.

The dragon showed his teeth, making a low growl; the dragon opened his mouth, reading his amber attack. Hiccup backed away, readying himself to run.

He felt something grab him, followed by short bursts of speed. He was dropped to the ground. He blinked; he turned to see the death song a considerable distance away from him. "What the?" He spoke.

"So, do you normally try and get yourself killed?" He looked to see hunter breathing deeply; his eyes were glowing red, slowly going down. Hiccup got up quickly, backing away from him. The red glow seemed to send shivers down his spine.

"H-how?" Hiccup questioned. Hunter looked at him, frowned, he turned away, grabbing his left hand with his right. He saw a wristband around his left hand. "Hunter?" He spoke more gently. Hunter looked up, seeing the dragon charging towards him.

"Explain later; you trust me?" hunter questioned. "Don't answer that" He swung his staff-like weapon around his right hand, and his eyes started to glow a bright red. "Get out of here," He growled at him; his tone was demonic-like. Hiccup backed away, feeling uneasy a felt.

"No, I am not leaving you," Hiccup told him; he swallowed before letting out a night fury call. Hunter gave him an odd look before turning towards the death song, using his speed to move quickly, and vanishing from hiccups before appearing over the dragon and hitting the dragon over the head. Hiccup could only stare as he could see a red light dashing around and the dragon stumbling around.

The dragon got fed up and swung his tail around, hitting the teen straight toward a rock; the teen let go of the weapon, and his red glow disappeared. "Hunter!!" Hiccup shouted, running after him; the teen hit the rock with a bang.

The death song shook his head, looking at the boys, and ready himself to shoot amber. A Plasma blast hit him, and the night fury came close, growling at the death song. The death song growled at him.

Another blast came from the sky; Hiccup looked up and couldn't see where that had come from. He looked back at his brother. He was still breathing. He relaxed. "Okay, bud, time to scare off the dragon," He spoke. The night fury growled in agreement and at his rider.

The assassin's attacks already weakened the death song. After being hit by many plasma blasts, he let out a roar and took off to the sky. The Light Fury appeared in the sky as he went to land on the ground, worried about the albino teen. Hiccup saw the staff on the ground.

He walked over to it, picking it up carefully. He could feel something draining him, and he dropped it. The night fury looked at him. "Let's get out of here before he decides to come back."

Sorry for the no updates!! So you get a bit of a big update; I wrote this on my other computer and not the one I usually use!! I am getting a keyboard for my iPad, for Christmas so you may get more updates after that :)

I don't know why I made little Hiccup say he hated Hunter, and it was in my head from the beginning lol.

Comment I need the feedback!! Please tell me if it's worth writing!!

SoulFury